http://www.local249.org/links.htm

Where's dewalt made at.

Oh, I just live for these kind of conversations :)

Originally posted by framehvac
    http://www.local249.org/links.htm

Where's dewalt made at.
    First off...I own a Savanah, a Suburban and a Sebring. All ASSEMBLED in the States to the best of my knowledge...And I live in Canada. Too many of the items on the list you posted are only assembled in the U.S. by UAW members. I happen to know my Sebring as mentioned on that list has a Mits. engine in it.

My Dewalt drill, batteries, charger and flashlight are all "built" by Dewalt Industrial Tools Co. Hampstead, Maryland. I just haven't figured out who owns who. Does B&D own Dewalt or Dewalt own B&D? Anyway the charger & batteries say assembled in Mexico and one battery goes as far as to say "Assembled in Mexico with U.S. and foreign components." I can't read the flashlight or drill anymore.

It seems that way too many times now only the final product is assembled in the country of sales. The majority of the builders share of work is still farmed out of country. All my Tecumseh boxes say Mexico or Brazil or some other place. Are there any fridges made in North America Left? If so where do the parts come from? Many hvac manufacturers had plants in Canada. Carrier, York, Lennox and build units here to sell here. Not any more.

As with all publicly sold companies, profits are the only thing they care about because they have to answer to the shareholders. If they can use the claim "Assembled in U.S. or Canada" that is a psych term only for the public's sake. If you think the big American companies are in it for the Americans think again. They're in it for the money. Same can be said for Canadian companies or any other company around the world. I think disclosure of total building/assembly is in order.

And by the way, Banks, Insurance Companies, Investment Groups are all making the biggest profits ever... They invest in all of the companies(Blue Chip/Fortune 500, whatever you want to call them) that are sending work out of all of North America because these guys get results by sending the work to low paying countries and doing final assembly in the States for the right to say "Assembled in U.S.) Do you have any Retirement Plan at your work, union or spouses work? Cause if you do...BANG! There goes your left-middle toe.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

How much do you guys made up their in Canada,in the hvac field?I was told that there was alot of hvac jobs up their is that true.

Union package is just a little less than half a $C note and benefits take up about 10 of that. Most non unioners range from "I'll work for food" (or booze {or sex}) to $30,$35. All in Canadian you understand, which is like .12 cents US
    Lotsa work in the centers. Glad I ain't there. Many guys I know live around here and work there. The commute sucks Lucky I only have to go there 3 or 4 times a years for the "Get your rear moving" or the "Are you done yet?" parts. I'm 50 miles north of Toronto (Tranna or the Big Smoke as it is affectionately known to people born within it's walls, like me). I've lots to do in Barrie. But it doesn't take much to light my fire any more either. Good March so far, which is strange. Our high temp is near 100F at 100%RH and our low temp is close to -40F at 100%RH making our median temp 40F at 100%RH(?). Actually at doesn't rain all the time. Half the time it snows
    And if you wanted to know about the other provinces up here, I wouldn't know..This is one big a$$ country.

[Edited by gruntly on 03-11-2005 at 06:59 PM]

So Canadas work & pay sucks right.

About the same, ya.

You know I was kidding about the 12 cents right? Exchange right now is somewhere around $1.30 Can. to buy a U.S. Dollar.

[Edited by gruntly on 03-11-2005 at 07:19 PM]

Freaking canucks!!! I say if there's oil in Alaska there's all kinds of oil up in Canada to be had also. We don't need the Middle East. We should be at war with Canada!!!!! While we're at it, take over Mexico also. Enforce our minimum wage laws there. They won't jump the border because the grass won't look as green. We change the name to United States of North America.......who's with me!!!

Hey Seaboard
    As long as you don't mind paying $3.22/gal. Seems that everytime the Arabs threaten to turn off the pipe our prices up here climb close to $3.60/gal. I guess big business does sell to the highest bidder. To heck with the locals.
    Tell you what. If Montana secedes we'll think about joining them

Originally posted by gruntly
    Union package is just a little less than half a $C note and benefits take up about 10 of that. Most non unioners range from "I'll work for food" (or booze {or sex}) to $30,$35. All in Canadian you understand, which is like .12 cents US
    Lotsa work in the centers. Glad I ain't there. Many guys I know live around here and work there. The commute sucks Lucky I only have to go there 3 or 4 times a years for the "Get your rear moving" or the "Are you done yet?" parts. I'm 50 miles north of Toronto (Tranna or the Big Smoke as it is affectionately known to people born within it's walls, like me). I've lots to do in Barrie. But it doesn't take much to light my fire any more either. Good March so far, which is strange. Our high temp is near 100F at 100%RH and our low temp is close to -40F at 100%RH making our median temp 40F at 100%RH(?). Actually at doesn't rain all the time. Half the time it snows
    And if you wanted to know about the other provinces up here, I wouldn't know..This is one big a$$ country.

[Edited by gruntly on 03-11-2005 at 06:59 PM]
    Barrie minus 40 too funny
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Re: Oh, I just live for these kind of conversations :)

Originally posted by gruntly
    Where's dewalt made at. [/B]
    My Dewalt drill, batteries, charger and flashlight are all "built" by Dewalt Industrial Tools Co. Hampstead, Maryland. I just haven't figured out who owns who. Does B&D own Dewalt or Dewalt own B&D? [/B][/QUOTE]

DeWalt is a brand name made up by Black & Decker when B&D's "commercial" grade tools got such a deservedly bad rap.

The plant in Hampstead, Maryland was strictly a B&D plant for many years. Due to some union issues B&D decided a few years back to close it down. This action affected about 60% of the people living in Hampstead. I know of several people who lost their jobs over the B&D closure and then suddenly the plant is being used for B&D's DeWalt tools. Don't know what deals were made but B&D started in the Baltimore area and continues to be prominent here.

I did some research/developement work for the DeWalt division a few years back when they were coming out with their line of quick connect drill accesories. I was even filmed on one of my jobsites demonstrating their quick connect chuck which I understand was used for training of sales personnel.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV