8000 officers from across north america ,britain, including members of their armeed forces attended the memorial service for the four slain officers of the RCMP.
    There were memorials across Canada at most RCMP stations that were well attended by law enforcement and citizens.

I'm trying to bring attention to this as I don't feel it should go unnoticed. Years ago people would have been so incredibly shocked at such an event but now it doesnt faze people.

It speaks volumes about the kind of society we live in.

Very sad indeed.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Do you think this is a downward spiral, a wakeup call or just a reflection of todays moral acceptances?
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

I think societies have become less sensitive to these tradgeties due to manyu factors including the media. there is so much coverage of various trageties around the world we are becomming de sensetised to it
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

My population theory is very relevant.
    Think about it.
    Only news reported is bad news + more people means more idiots percentage wise = more bad news.
    Simple.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by gruntly
    Do you think this is a downward spiral, a wakeup call or just a reflection of todays moral acceptances?
    I agree with Penguin and Dice.

I think its a downward spiral due to society's acceptance of the crap today.

NEWS= nothing educational or worth seeing.

People stop being nice to each other, then dont want to get involved and then dont care about what happens until it affects them.

I started holding doors alittle more, waiting at the light instead of trying to squeeze through, asking the waitress how shes doing and looking at her for her reply.
    You start to feel better about things and just maybe change someones day or even attitude.

As dumb as it can be, the news also informs us in ways past generations never could.
    Just try to be an informed consumer who deciphers well.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

To that end, I suppose there is just too much information out there to be able to understand the relevance or have the time to. Media always pushes a particular topic, be it for ratings (in turn money) or just to fill in 1/2 an hour or so. Consider the fact that among the top real news stories is M.J. did he or did he not do what is alleged. The truth is, in the scheme of things, I really don't care other than to see proper justice handed out if an injustice was done. How often does anyone thing about the 300,000 that where wiped out 2 1/2 months ago anymore if it did not directly involve us? It's just not on the agenda anymore and there is just too much else going on to allow it to consume us the way it did then. I think one of the reasons we may see it as a spiral downwards is because of the shear volume of information. Something like the older you get the faster time seems to pass.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!