Hoshizaki Km-630MAB...not harvesting properly - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not really guys
    FWIW
    The tiny hoshis like scotti and mani use a plated copper evaps.
    Keep the lime a way outta those
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

True- i should be clear...

The KM cubers in question have stainless, not nickel-plated evaps.

Thanks iceman-i gotta be more specific.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Thanks

I decided to resurrect this thread because last night I searched this forum to find out why the Hoshi I was working on would not harvest ice soon enough (2 beep alarm). It was the water cleaning valve. It was left open so the machine would make ice but not harvest. Water would come in the inlet and run straight down the clean valve and to the trough. Thanks for the help. I closed the valve and voila she was harvesting like a champ. This comes after two days of head pounding. No one at Hoshi even suggested water as a possible problem. I changed out two txv's and a Liquid line valve

Quote Originally Posted by youngsamuel View Post
    I decided to resurrect this thread because last night I searched this forum to find out why the Hoshi I was working on would not harvest ice soon enough (2 beep alarm). It was the water cleaning valve. It was left open so the machine would make ice but not harvest. Water would come in the inlet and run straight down the clean valve and to the trough. Thanks for the help. I closed the valve and voila she was harvesting like a champ. This comes after two days of head pounding. No one at Hoshi even suggested water as a possible problem. I changed out two txv's and a Liquid line valve
    Don't they have a microswitch that won't let the machine run unless the valve is closed?

Quote Originally Posted by danbb View Post
    Don't they have a microswitch that won't let the machine run unless the valve is closed?
    That microswitch goes bad sometimes and gets bypassed with a wire jumper. I've seen it before.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://icemeister.net/aop_map.html

Never seen someone bypass the switch and leave it open. So does it freeze behind the plate preventing harvest then. How many cycles does it take to trash the evap running like that lol
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

My experience is 98% of ice machine problems are water with a few electrical and very few refrigerant. Not to say it doesn't happen. Big problem with hoshis is the little pieces of plastic breaking off of the ice deflector and blocking the spring loaded valve open so it always dumps.
    Once or twice over the years when cleaning a hoshi I left the valve open but it didn't take too long before I felt stupid and opened it. never ran across one where someone else had closed it though.
    One curious thing I have experienced is if i take the float switch apart and clean it real well it never works right again. Absolutely no idea why since it is a sealed magenetic switch but it happened on a number of occasions. Now if the float valve is all nasty I replace it and eliminate that problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123