Military doctors

I am curious how many years they have to stay with arm forces to compensate tax payers for their education?

The military recruits doctors already schooled and at doctor status.

Quote Originally Posted by zzonko View Post
    The military recruits doctors already schooled and at doctor status.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4894900_beco...-military.html

"Apply to military medical school, the Uniformed Services University (USU; see Resources). The process is lengthy, and you should begin the application process in June the year before you would begin school. If you are not accepted, you can still apply to a local M.D. program and become a military doctor via the Health Professions Scholarship Program, but attending a military school simplifies the process"

w0w I did not know that. The docs I ran across in the service were educated outside the military. The answer to your ? is in that link:

"Generally speaking, in exchange for every year of military-funded education you receive, you give one year of service"

[QUOTE=zzonko;8916011]"Generally speaking, in exchange for every year of military-funded education you receive, you give one year of service"[QUOTE]

I've missed this sentence. This is not a bad deal. For free education, put four years in armed forces as a doctor and after that make big bucks as a civilian.

The best surgeons (not necessarily docs) come out of the battle filed environment. The wide variation of trauma received in combat will not only train him on a textbook way of saving ones life but also those odd things never written about.

trace a fragment wound and stitch you up with out breaking a sweat. 2 yrs later doing the same thing from a industrial accident state side.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    The best surgeons (not necessarily docs) come out of the battle filed environment. The wide variation of trauma received in combat will not only train him on a textbook way of saving ones life but also those odd things never written about.

trace a fragment wound and stitch you up with out breaking a sweat. 2 yrs later doing the same thing from a industrial accident state side.
    Our family doctor when I was a kid was a medic in WWII. The best doctor hands down I have ever had, they dont make them like that anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned