I had my basement and workshop (100 feet from house) pre-wired for electrical / breaker boxes /etc. However, due to economic constraits (lack of money at the time) I did not pay for the electrical cable, water, telephone to be ran from the house to the shop.) Which I can do no problem.

So, my question is "is it permmissible/safe to run all utilities in the same ditch .. IE. electrical (will be in its own PVC conduit.. nothing else/water PVC schedule 40/low voltage PVC telephone only).

I was thinking it is okay provided you have "X" inches of dirt over the electrical???

Any thoughts? I live in Atlanta if that helps.

dont know what your codes say but they do it all the time here. we have to bury electric 30" (24" in conduit) and make sure you get your water line below frost line.
    do you have a frost line down there? well just make sure the dog cant dig it up

Frost Line in Ga.

Frost line here is about 18 inches. However, if I can avoid the septic tank lines my depth will be about 2 feet. I am going to use pure PVC for everything and probably place one of those plastic warning strips in the ground about a foot down or so in case someone after me tries to dig it up.

I always give the new HO's a small layout of where everything is located and tell them to call the utility locator service before digging!!!

thanks for the reply.

Do what ya want, who cares, no one will see it, put it all in some 2"pvc or something.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....