European nations begin seizing private pensions

I read several months back where the same idea was floated as an option for the U.S. I wish I could recall where I read it and who said it; I usually take pretty good notes but can find it now. What I recall was the lame excuse after it got out saying that "oh, we would never do that but we had to bring it up so it can be taken off the table". Yeah right.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Th...ivate-pensions
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

A similar thing is happening here in the us but it's so gradual that they're hoping people don't make a big stink.

The way I see it, liberal spending in the US seems unstoppable, especially since we failed to win back the Senate.

The result is that I don't believe for one minute that I'll ever see a dime of the money I've paid into Social Security over the decades.

Sure SS is not a pension persay but I consider it a theft just like the examples in your article.

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    A similar thing is happening here in the us but it's so gradual that they're hoping people don't make a big stink.

The way I see it, liberal spending in the US seems unstoppable, especially since we failed to win back the Senate.

The result is that I don't believe for one minute that I'll ever see a dime of the money I've paid into Social Security over the decades.

Sure SS is not a pension persay but I consider it a theft just like the examples in your article.

I totally agree with all you said, gradually, this is how the US keeps the riots down.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Talking The only 3 things

Worth investing in. Precious metals, Guns, Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post

The SS deduction from your paycheck is really just another form of income tax. It supports the government, and then years later, after a few decades of inflation, the government borrows money so it can pay some of it back to you. The nifty thing about it is you don't have to fill out all those forms in April. Instead, the SSA sends you a form telling you how much money you earned. Yay.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    The SS deduction from your paycheck is really just another form of income tax. It supports the government, and then years later, after a few decades of inflation, the government borrows money so it can pay some of it back to you. The nifty thing about it is you don't have to fill out all those forms in April. Instead, the SSA sends you a form telling you how much money you earned. Yay.
    Amen Brother.

Think about how all the billions of untaxed dollars sitting in currently protected 401k accounts has to be top of the chart agenda items for our current liberal elite rulers.

Had not the R's taken back the house I would not have put it past them to develop a plan:

Let's make a deal; we will take your 401k monies and then when you retire we guarantee you a fixed monthly payment. It's much more secure than that nasty 401 you have that fluctuates because of those evil wall street people. Then on the back side they significantly raise the taxes on 401ks.

There are billions of dollars sitting in private 401's. Dangling that money in front of them is like dangling a steak in front of a dog.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I wish i had a reference to quote but last summer they were talking about taking all the money from 410's, "investing" the money in government bonds and then being responsible for determining how much they eke out to you when you retire. It didnt really go far because there is some silly document called the consitution and they might have been violating it. Just the fact that they were even considering it made me stock up on ammo. like duke nukem says "Come get some"

Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4us View Post
    Worth investing in. Precious metals, Guns, Bullets.
    Cant afford the precious metals, but I do believe bullets will become the next currency...and I got thousands of those!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMnSqcmANro

The sad thing is, if you forget to pay a traffic ticket, they will come to your house to arrest you, take pictures of all your guns and ammo and make out like you are a terroist rather than a citizen enjoying your right to own and bear arms.