Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Watch you're not giving up a huge amount of space to the side by and door dispenser. We looked long and hard. Couldn't stand the basket in a bottom freezer thing, nor the lost space to an "ice & water sytem" of a side by. Ended up with a top freezer and an inside ice maker. Ice maker is a fantastic machine. Never ever run out of ice with minimal space taken over in the freezer. I'm slightly wide shouldered Just an opinion but I like the door to be able to open wide and see the back of the fridge.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Even though my GE went wwweeeiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaieeeeeee for awhile, it is pretty good, had a GE before that for many years.
    We had a certain space too, looked for quite awhile to find the right one with the most cu ft. Get ice and water on the door of course.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I have been repairing refrigerators since 1964.

I have a Amana SXS 25cu ft with Ice and water dispenser in my home. They have the most american made parts in them and are still a quality product that stands above all others. In my opinion.

Originally posted by frigeman
    I have been repairing refrigerators since 1964.

I have a Amana SXS 25cu ft with Ice and water dispenser in my home. They have the most american made parts in them and are still a quality product that stands above all others. In my opinion.
    Yup! My Amana side by side is 34 years old. Never had a problem and it is still working well. We keep it clean and it looks nearly new.

I should probably replace it just to save on energy consumption. Newer stuff uses less power.

If you have the $$$$$ get a subzero SXS.
    Saddle Up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12