Thread: Does it exist?

Is there a website out their with various Residential wiring schematics. I have a Trane Unit I am working on and the wires are all out of wack. I called Trane and they said they would fax me a schematic, but 3 calls later and still no schematic. :@ I doubt it exists, but what the heck, might as well ask.

There are websites, but generally not available to the public.

Post the model number here.
    Somebody will have a fax & schematic.
    I might even have one myself.

new kid. If I am not mistaken, Trane made more than 1 model

you said:I doubt it exists, but what the heck, might as well ask.

yea I doubt it exisits also. I mean , why on earth would they have those type of documents on products they manufacture

Leave the kid alone. He is asking if there is a website to get a schematic. Chill out

The new kid

First, welcome, need all the new blood we can get.

Second, you should be able to DRAW your own shematic of any normal system. They all work basically the same way.
    If you can't draw the schematic, you need more training in electrical.

I have drawn a schematic for how it should be wired and got the heating and cooling to work. My teacher put a bug into the system and the cooling and heating still worked. He said the bug he put into the system would have kept the condenser unit from running. I thought he was just trying to get me use to calling for tech support, but one of the students, who is currently a service tech, said I would need a schematic to figure it out.

I doubt your instructor is trying to train you to call tech support, couldn't call him an "instructor" then... Time to uncap that skull of yours and let the old brain breath.

My teacher put a bug into the system and the cooling and heating still worked. He said the bug he put into the system would have kept the condenser unit from running.
    Let me guess...it turned out to be a spider's egg sac in the contactor points. Or fire ants. Or a black widow spider.

That last one sometimes sends some techs running from the unit.

I think your teacher's just trying to prepare you for the real world of HVAC service.

• Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Talking

I got a schematic from trane!
    Yeah, you never, there could be a exoskeleten of some insect in a contact!