Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    i've got two headaches goin on here. looking to vent and if anyone has solutions.......i'm listening.

#1... we've got a 2002 Mazda MPV van. warranty expires in April. this thing has a trans problem. WHEN COLD it slips a little from 2nd-3rd gear, it's somewhat common. after it heats up it's normally OK. been in to dealer 4 times, they reprogram the trans, and it continues to do this. while not a huge problem i don't want to replace the trans in 10K miles, on my dime.

#2....i have a KitchenAid refrigerator, manuf date 8/03. a few months out of warranty. i'm starting to see stress cracks in the plastic on the inside of the frige. not big, but they're there. apparantly the fix is some sort of epoxy. this thing cost me $2000 and i don't want it to look like i have pudding on the walls in there.

what's going on with the quality of things?? you try not to be cheap and spend the extra dough and it still is garbage. WTF?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

#1 Take your complaint to the companies main headquarters. Anytime I've had an ongoing problem the dealer couldn't/wouldn't fix, I went over their heads. Within a few days the dealer would call me telling me how sorry he was and to bring it in immediately so they can fix it correctly.

#2 You didn't catch it before the warranty was up, so it sounds like the epoxy is your only choice.

Originally posted by tinner73
    i've got two headaches goin on here. looking to vent and if anyone has solutions.......i'm listening.

#1... we've got a 2002 Mazda MPV van. warranty expires in April. this thing has a trans problem. WHEN COLD it slips a little from 2nd-3rd gear, it's somewhat common. after it heats up it's normally OK. been in to dealer 4 times, they reprogram the trans, and it continues to do this. while not a huge problem i don't want to replace the trans in 10K miles, on my dime.

#2....i have a KitchenAid refrigerator, manuf date 8/03. a few months out of warranty. i'm starting to see stress cracks in the plastic on the inside of the frige. not big, but they're there. apparantly the fix is some sort of epoxy. this thing cost me $2000 and i don't want it to look like i have pudding on the walls in there.

what's going on with the quality of things?? you try not to be cheap and spend the extra dough and it still is garbage. WTF?
    #1 If you have taking a car in to be fixed 3 time for something in most state then it is a lime or the part that wasn't fixed right,they would have to cover that part for the life of the car or if you sale the car then they will not cover it.

#2 KitchenAid refrigerator not much you can do but I can,now I know not to buy one.

[Edited by framehvac on 03-10-2005 at 06:01 PM]

Originally posted by framehvac
    #2 KitchenAid refrigerator not make you can do but I can,now I know not to buy one.
    Read that 3 times fast! Whaddaya trying to say there Framer?
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by spotts
    #2 KitchenAid refrigerator not make you can do but I can,now I know not to buy one.

I know,I know,come on give me a break spotts .

I'm in the market for a refrigerator. Not Yours.

But seriously folks, don't buy Kitchenaid?

I would do as suggested with the van. Forget the prolonging the problem approach.

On an unrelated subject I have been looking into having a new well drilled. Can you believe that no one will guarantee I will have water when they are done? Man I just don’t get it why would I pay to have a hole dug in my yard? I got kids they will do it for free.
    Maybe I’m out of line but no way I’m paying anyone of them till I am wet
    I mean there is no way I could install a furnace and tell a customer “I hope it works when we are done but if not just pay us anyway and we will be on our way “

#1 solution; drive forward at 10 mph then jam it in reverse. call dealer for new tran. under warranty.

# 2 solution; UL 181A tape works wonders.

Originally posted by spotts
    What pisses me off is Spotts making me read what Framehvac wrote three times fast.

Oh and an insurance company that jerks me around and screws up my work. And the customer that is the reason that the insurance company is jerking me around. I am not having a fun day or week even.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

What pisses me off is Spotts making me read what Framehvac wrote three times fast.

yep "planned obsolescense" I believe was a term originally used by G.M. if we build'em too good they won't be buying new ones.
    Soooooooo engineer everything to start breaking down in a given amount of time.

Now you know how the homeowner/ building owner feels when we tell them they need a new heater, when it's only 15 years old. And the last heater lasted 30yr.

Answer raise your prices

And if you can't raise your prices because you are working for a wage you're already factored in if you are employed that is

What pisses me off is a customer that thinks we fix everything for free just because they have a PM contract...
    And a grand-daughter that is 13 and dresses like a 20 year old and who's parents think it's OK...
    And people who stop at the top of on-ramps...
    And the condition of our health care system...
    And office Nazi's who wouldn't know the sharp end of a nail telling me how to do my job...
    And the counter monkey at the parts store telling me she has had the same pair of wiper blades for 5 years as I buy new ones to replace the ones I broke scraping friggin' 2 inches of ice off my windshield yesterday...

How's that for a rant?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast