Thread: Hot water heat

In watching "This Old House" I saw Richard T. installing a fin/tube substitute that looked like a bristle grush wrapped around the tube. He said it gave off 20% more heat than standard fin/tube. I cannot find it and writing to TOH did not yield any results. Does anyone know about this stuff?

No, I am not aware of this stuff, tho I have seen some very,very early convector that had sort of round fins..

Seems to me that it could work, but would collect more duct than fin tube, and be a pain to clean..

Surprised TOH was a dead end. They show stuff on there, but what good is it if you can't track the mfr? Even our Baby Einstien videos here roll the toy credits at the end in case you want to buy one of them!

Originally posted by namber
    In watching "This Old House" I saw Richard T. installing a fin/tube substitute that looked like a bristle grush wrapped around the tube. He said it gave off 20% more heat than standard fin/tube. I cannot find it and writing to TOH did not yield any results. Does anyone know about this stuff?

Don't believe everything you see on TV.

Must come from AS/Trane.

Just kidding.

I've seen it, I think Snow&Jones sold it here for a while. It wasnt popular and if they were pushing it on TV its because they got it for free and probably got a little extra slide in their pockets too.