Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm sick of hearing about the poor teachers

these people relentlessly push their Communist Union propaganda.

these people earn secured pay at decent rates, with pensions, and are always belly aching they don't have any money.

"well i could earn more money at a different job with the same education"

GOOD! go get that job then!

...people who are over paid, complaining to people who are under paid, that their job isn't good enough.

according to a question on a recent game show, they are more Americans employed as teachers then janitors or chefs.

i think i figured out why the money is missing for the children.

a propagandist when on Jeopardy and said times are hard because she's a school nurse.

you want 50 grand per year to sit in an office and wait once per month for some kid to walk in and claim he's sick, just to get out of going to class?

SCREW YOU!

i would defund the whole mthfkr.

I tend to agree with you and I come from a family of public school teachers. My wife and daughter are unhappy teachers. Not over what they make but over how the system prevents them from actually teaching!

The federal government needs to be out of the education picture. We would all be better off if the Department Of Education in Washington were eliminated and let each state work out their educational system themselves. The feds are the problem with education today.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

yada yada

You couldn't get me to baby sit 30-40 + kids everyday for 50-60K a year...
    It's about time these complaining bastards realize they need to be responsible for thier
    sons and daughters... start the teaching at home for values... the problems not in the class room its at home!
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

my area the union basically runs the school system. Head of school board her reelection was financed by the union.
    Was doing hvac work in there offices. "advancement threw collective bargaining" is there motto. Where is the motto to raise the learning levels of the children?

average local teachers salary 60k..average pay of others in the area 45k

tiered of the excuses

My circle of friends include a number of teachers. I like to think they're all caring professionals that keep the needs of their students foremost in their mind.

However, I can recall vividly my 2nd and 7th grade teachers only. Why, because they were both especially caring, attentive and thorough in their zest to teach. Both ensuring that the class actually learned.

No others, in between or afterward gave a darn. "Heck, I coulda ben prezzident", if only for a few more teachers that taught.
    Learn to live, so that you may live to learn.

Federal Mandated Curriculm

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    these people relentlessly push their Communist Union propaganda.

these people earn secured pay at decent rates, with pensions, and are always belly aching they don't have any money.

"well i could earn more money at a different job with the same education"

GOOD! go get that job then!

...people who are over paid, complaining to people who are under paid, that their job isn't good enough.

according to a question on a recent game show, they are more Americans employed as teachers then janitors or chefs.

i think i figured out why the money is missing for the children.

a propagandist when on Jeopardy and said times are hard because she's a school nurse.

you want 50 grand per year to sit in an office and wait once per month for some kid to walk in and claim he's sick, just to get out of going to class?

SCREW YOU!

i would defund the whole mthfkr.

You really haven't figured anything out... your clueless! The unions don't control your district, the teachers.... Not the High Paid Administrators ...Nurses,Counslers,Principals, Ect...

If it weren't for the Unions same as our trade the Administrators would Ride Shot Gun under pay our teachers give them nothing!

Teachers work dam hard trying to educate our children. The problem is with the uninformed people like yourself. Education starts at home, parenting has become a thing of the past. Our schools have become a day care if you will... If I disrespected my teachers I would have had hell to pay. We respected our teachers our community and those that didn't got thier due...

Now our children come and go with attitudes of entitlement, cell phones, cars, expensive clothes... When parents start parenting there will be an improvement in the class room.

And when the federal goverment quits placing Curriculum requirements that they know nothing about on our class rooms things will get better...

Used to be if you couldn't read and write you got held back now its discrimination and you pass .

As I've said I wouldn't baby sit 30-40 kids every day for any amount of money. Most teachers are hard working dedicated educators and aif you ever knew one you would know they often work evening and week ends and hoilidays doing thier planning etc...

Two good childhood friends of mine are Teachers. They both readily admit the reasons they got into it

1- Summers off.

2- Only have to work about half the days in a year.

3- Great benes and retirement plan.

Never heard either one of them say to help children.

You have to be crazy to support the life style of Teachers while the rest of us usually dont get any where near the perks that they get. These perks that they and other city workers are getting are killing the rest of us tax payers. Its a job, they should do it well, just like the rest of us have to without bleeding us especially with their pensions.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Two good childhood friends of mine are Teachers. They both readily admit the reasons they got into it

1- Summers off.

2- Only have to work about half the days in a year.

3- Great benes and retirement plan.

Never heard either one of them say to help children.

You have to be crazy to support the life style of Teachers while the rest of us usually dont get any where near the perks that they get. These perks that they and other city workers are getting are killing the rest of us tax payers. Its a job, they should do it well, just like the rest of us have to without bleeding us especially with their pensions.
    X2.

Quote Originally Posted by AllTemp View Post
    they often work evening and week ends and hoilidays
    Sounds like me. But I dont get 3 months a year off, 7 hour workday counting lunch, all the federal Holidays and the Federal pension.Sounds real tough to me

Clueless

Quote Originally Posted by mobowhntr View Post
    Sounds like me. But I dont get 3 months a year off, 7 hour workday counting lunch, all the federal Holidays and the Federal pension.Sounds real tough to me
    Much like any profession the example of the two childhood friends who are teacher are exactly the type of teachers that set the stage for the type of banter going on here.

Listen I stand up for teachers not just because I'm married to on but because I see how difficult and gruely their days are. My wife is on a 7 1/2 hr contact day it ends at 3:30; she works every day til 5:00 or later until the grading and planning is done. It's not like when I was in school... today teachers have a mandated curriculm they follow...grading and lesson planning is done on their own time. Barb leaves day in day out 6:30 am and doesn't get home until after 6 pm frequently.

She teach 2 periods of math and science a total of 72 students. Being a teacher with medical benefits and a retirement fund she pays into just like you do...

I applaud hard working teachers like my wife.

Let's talk about classroom supplies.... she's given $50 a year period! We spend out if our own pockets for class protects, toner,paper,pencils.

I can bet those two child hood teachers mentioned above have never done this...evenings are spent sometimes calling parents.... its not a glamorous jobbut its rewarding when your the type teacher like Barb...

Again education starts at home, and required parenting that so few of our children get today.

Red face The Public School System

Is a joke. Ever since the federal government mandated desegregation in the late 50's and early 60's, it's involvement with the local school districts has done nothing but institute a perpetual daycare. A High School Diploma means little of anything in this day and age. The learning curve has been dipped so low that a vast majority of graduates can not read or write on a functioning level.

Quote Originally Posted by AllTemp View Post
    Much like any profession the example of the two childhood friends who are teacher are exactly the type of teachers that set the stage for the type of banter going on here.

Listen I stand up for teachers not just because I'm married to on but because I see how difficult and gruely their days are. My wife is on a 7 1/2 hr contact day it ends at 3:30; she works every day til 5:00 or later until the grading and planning is done. It's not like when I was in school... today teachers have a mandated curriculm they follow...grading and lesson planning is done on their own time. Barb leaves day in day out 6:30 am and doesn't get home until after 6 pm frequently.

She teach 2 periods of math and science a total of 72 students. Being a teacher with medical benefits and a retirement fund she pays into just like you do...

I applaud hard working teachers like my wife.

Let's talk about classroom supplies.... she's given $50 a year period! We spend out if our own pockets for class protects, toner,paper,pencils.

I can bet those two child hood teachers mentioned above have never done this...evenings are spent sometimes calling parents.... its not a glamorous jobbut its rewarding when your the type teacher like Barb...

Again education starts at home, and required parenting that so few of our children get today.
    I totally agree the big problem these days with schools stems from lack of parental guidance.

But with that said......I'm from NJ and work in alot of school districts. It's not about the kids.....it's the teachers vs administrators. The teachers feel like they are under appreciated (so they turn to their corrupt union) and the administrators blame the corrupt unions.

So it turns into a "I don't care" attitude on everyone's part.

Let's see.....
    1) Teachers get their raise again this year, all other government employees are getting laid off and furloughed.
    2) In NJ, teachers don't pay into there medical benefits. Their medical benefits come from the state. (And that includes their entire family.)
    3) After 3 years they get this thing called tenure. Which pretty much means it will cost the taxpayers 100k to try to fire them. Even if they are horrible at what they do.
    4) They use the "kids" to justify their *****ing. ENOUGH ABOUT THE KIDS!

Recap

Sounds like things are a little different in NJ... here we share cost of medical...for the last 3 years my wife along with hundreds of other teachers hot fired because the budget... my wife was retired as a temp losing her tenure...

Any way the entire situation sucks all around for the kids and the good teachers...

I probably shouldn't be involved in this thread....its to personal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast