As everyone knows just had carrier infinity system installed.
    The extended warranty issue came up and I can't believe the 9% of system cost. Is this normal or is it that, I live in a different world? Seems on the high side to me.
    If you had 10 100.00 dollar bills and spent 7.5 of them, would you believe it.
    Carrier says dealers can set any price they want.

If you are a homeowner like myself, it maybe something else you might ask about up front before you sign on the dotted line.

System has been installed for a week now. Homeowners, if you can get past the sticker shock..My first thoughts on the system are fantastic. Had a couple of cool night (42 degrees) and never heard system as temp in house stayed at 69. I like the fact that no noise on low and very min. noise on high.
    This system cost me almost double of just "replacing" what I had. Rheem classic 11 installed 1994
    I know I may never recover all the cost, but if I recover the difference between the "replacement" and this unit, I'm money ahead in my book.
    IMHO it may be money well spent. I will post an update when it becomes a little warmer and the ac side has a chance to show what it can do.

Truly I think it could be worth it (are both units covered?)
    Find out how much a control board or blower motor will cost you without it.
    May help to make you decision a little easier.

They are hopefully finishing my Infinity system today, they have been working on it all week so far. I asked for the 10 year parts and labor warranty on the front end so it was included in the bottom line estimate. It was high but not any higher than the others that I got bids on. So far I love the system, the installers well that's another story..................

Yes both units are covered in warrianty. Then I guess I ought to get it

Well worth the money in the long run!

Yes I think the warranty is worth it

It's very expensive to buy parts plus service calls are very expensive for any furnace. 9% of the purchase price for 10yrs parts/labor seems like a good bet to me on this product.

Pull the front door off the furnace once in a while to look for water leaks and/or flashing fault codes of any kind at startup or during operation.

I agree that the furnace provides a nice, even heat, and that's the main reason to buy it vs. cost savings for energy efficiency. However, when gas prices go up it's nice to know you have an efficient unit.