Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Being close to Canada and now spending some time up there, I have been watching more BBC channels just so I could start to understand and, perhaps, speak the language.

Most of the time I think I do watch Hard Talk but I can't fully understand how your government is set up and what you guys call each other. So it's hard to keep track.
    The BBC is from across the pond and even I have to do a bit of a cultural shift when I watch it. It does help to put things in perspective when you get a view from different parts of the world. Even watching the BBC broadcasts from Singapore you get a different feel to the news than what you get from North America and Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    The BBC is from across the pond and even I have to do a bit of a cultural shift when I watch it. It does help to put things in perspective when you get a view from different parts of the world. Even watching the BBC broadcasts from Singapore you get a different feel to the news than what you get from North America and Europe.
    Humm.....maybe that splains why the custom guards always give me a strange look at the Canadian border when I try to speak Canadian. I didn't realize that there was a difference between the Canadian language and the British language.

Also, so wait. Isn't Singapore a day behind us? So if you listen to them isn't it yesterdays new?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Humm.....maybe that splains why the custom guards always give me a strange look at the Canadian border when I try to speak Canadian. I didn't realize that there was a difference between the Canadian language and the British language.
    No, that is probably Quebec. They talk even funnier there.

As I remember (from a visit), folks in Quebec think highly of themselves... and not so highly of others...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

No. I solved that language problem back in 1971 when I was in Quebec. There they speak French, a language I can understand especially when they are mad at me. And French women have a funny way of saying no. Lots of body english...or should I say body French.

I'm spending some time in Vancouver, B.C. and have been attempting to communicate with the native type citizens there. I have not got the language down yet as I can tell by the expression on the average citizens face.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12