Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The future could be in their hands.....

Don't know if you agree or disagree but listen to this lady. And she is suppose to represent her age group of voting citizens in this country, me thinks, as she is put on TV.

I had to back up from my computer a few times just listening to her voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI5fM...eature=recentf
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Talking OMG

Shie is CLUELESS!!

that girl is about as sharp as a bowling ball. Fox needs to drop her. she could get a job with obama I am sure

Is she clueless, or was she playing devil's (government's) advocate? The way she ran roughshod over Schiff, I tend to agree she is clueless. But is she really that stupid?
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

I think she really believed what she was saying. he was very nice and trying to educate her but she was having none of it. very sad because the is indicative of a lot of peoples thought process. Schiff was absolutely right. Freeze the debt ceiling. That will force the government to cut BS programs and focus on the essentials.

They both were taking one viewpoint without giving serious consideration to the others. She was saying if the debt limit was not raised the US would end up in default. He said if they limit spending that would not happen. He did not want to take into account the basis of here argument which was that the government does not do anything quickly and spending would not be cut before the expenditures go above the debt ceiling. Her flaw was in thinking the US would default on its loans as there would be no money in accounts. In fact the loans could still be paid as the government still collects money that it can put to the loans. Rather than default on the loans the people expecting a check from the government, anyone from government employees, contractors, medicare... , could find they are holding a check that the banks will not cash.

So in a way they were both right and wrong in not taking more than their own narrow view. And it is a sad comment on the news network in hiring someone that can not put their point across in a understandable manner.

He did not want to take into account the basis of here argument which was that the government does not do anything quickly and spending would not be cut before the expenditures go above the debt ceiling.
    He never got the chance to speak his mind. It looked to me like he understood her point completely, and simply wanted to show her the view from the other side of the fence.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

IMO Fox News is good at doing the 'devils advocate' role when interviewing folks...

What stuck out for me was the use of the phrase: Ponzi Sceme Folks need to wake up and see the irresponsibility of the federal govt for what it is... When they do, the solution will take its course.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Sometimes she struck me that she was quoting what some one else had told her to say. She didn't seem sincere and she kept over talking him so he didn't have a chance to bring up any facts that might detract from what she said.

And, well, honestly she just doesn't seem like her elevator goes to the top floor. I kept lookiing at her arms to see if "she" had bicepts.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Sometimes she struck me that she was quoting what some one else had told her to say. She didn't seem sincere and she kept over talking him so he didn't have a chance to bring up any facts that might detract from what she said.

And, well, honestly she just doesn't seem like her elevator goes to the top floor. I kept lookiing at her arms to see if "she" had bicepts.
    I agree with you. She did not seem to have the depth to carry on a serious discussion on the topic. As if she was given a quickie outline of the topic and some questions to raise. Not sure if you get the BBC but they have a program called Hard Talk where the host has talked to politicians and movers and shakers from all over the world. The guy blows me away how much he knows and how he can ask the hard questions and know where to cut to the bone. She is not even a lightweight.

Being close to Canada and now spending some time up there, I have been watching more BBC channels just so I could start to understand and, perhaps, speak the language.

Most of the time I think I do watch Hard Talk but I can't fully understand how your government is set up and what you guys call each other. So it's hard to keep track.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I agree with you. She did not seem to have the depth to carry on a serious discussion on the topic. As if she was given a quickie outline of the topic and some questions to raise. Not sure if you get the BBC but they have a program called Hard Talk where the host has talked to politicians and movers and shakers from all over the world. The guy blows me away how much he knows and how he can ask the hard questions and know where to cut to the bone. She is not even a lightweight.
    Ahh Printer,

IMO you have uncovered what FoxNews does: They create drama (excitement) over issues... which supposedly energizes folks... It is not really conservative principles... it is just noise.

We have to remember: The media cares not about what they say... they ONLY care about ratings and $$$. They would preach literally ANYTHING they thought they could get away with if they believed it would raise the ratings and $$$.

Might want to think about the 'anything' part of that statement...

Bottom line: Am I really a wise person if I only comment on how others think/behave... yet have no idea what I really believe? Or am I just a talking head that sees him/herself as an intellectual (as Ace says "I am a legend in my own mind"... nothing personal Ace, just stealing your phrase to make a point)?

Just for clarity: The statement in the above paragraph is not pointed at anyone or any group... just put here to stir thought...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Talking I agree

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

She was either reading a teleprompter or reading a script.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast