Some lawmakers are saying Tennessee's hunting and fishing heritage will go the way of the coonskin cap if it isn't protected from animal-rights activists, so they are proposing a constitutional amendment making the tradition a basic right.

Tennessee would join 21 states that have either looked at it or are considering the idea. So far, it has passed in six states, according to the Humane Society of the United States.

Its about time,I don't live in tennessee but I hope WV does it to.

what are the 6 states i hope sc is one

I tried to find it but no luck.I will look again later.

up here you got the right to fish but all the lakeshore is being gobbled up and no parking signs fill the lakeshores. Then if you find a public boat launch it is full and you have no place to park your vehicle/trailer once you launch your boat.

Land for hunting is also getting scarce but unlike Wisconsin we aren't shooting fellow hunters yet.

Time for states to purchase large tracts of land for the general public and to hell with the wealthy attitude that it's "my land" because I bought it.

[Edited by MikeJ on 03-10-2005 at 01:18 AM]

Mike
    That was not a fellow hunter that shot a whole family including a father/daughter this was a very sad thing this man did this is not some thing that I would joke around with

Unhappy hunting and fishing

Sadly more and more people are moving away from hunting and fishing and only want to "visit" the outdoors when it's convienent for them. Wildlife should be protected until it becomes a problem to them.
    Join a club or the NRA today as the only way we're going to win is at the gov level....unfortunately

\

my apology

yes, it was tragic and I didn't mean to make light of this tragedy. I have relatives in that area who own some land and also hunt on public lands.

The recent shooting, I believe, was totally wrong. And, I know many peoples lives will be forever changed because of it.

Luckily Alabama is a VERY pro hunting and fishing state. The state runs ads on tv encouraging it. For an additional 16 bucks a resident can purcahse a permit for all the wildlife managemsnt areas in the state to hunt. Many thosands of acres that are mananged. You can also check with army corps of engineers.They have millions of acres you can hunt absolutely free.If you have any timber or paper companies there they will lease hunting rights at very competitive prices per acre.