Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by bb
    I despise the fact that Wal-Marts create traffic congestion, pollution with trash all over(ever see plastic Wal-Mart bags in trees 2 miles away) and do cause smaller businesses to go down the tubes. I try to avoid wally world at all cost.
    I can understand the traffic congestion, but how is it Wal-Mart's fault that people let their bags fly all over the place? What do you want Wal-Mart to do? Make bags heavy so that they don't fly? Stop giving bags away all together?

I'm a big Wal-Mart supporter. It's the ultimate American dream story. A small-town guy works his butt off and makes the largest corporation in the world. Not to mention the fact that, at least out here, they are by far the cheapest, and I'm a cheapskate.

Were getting the supper slab here along with Sams, I wont even look at the plans for this. Bid one once job went for about .25 per sq ft on the mechanical side, they buy everything for the job and want to sub you to install it
    No thanks

Customer yesterday who sells electronic components told me that one of his suppliers is dealing with Wall Mart and they have told them that in order for them to do business with Wall Mart their way he must close his US plant and move to China and then they will buy components directly from them once they are in China.

It's pretty sad.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

What I find ironic is that most everyone I know absolutely HATES Wal-Mart but - somehow, mysteriously - that co. continues to thrive.

Why do you all think that is?

I get the Wal-Mart disease

Originally posted by special ed
    What I find ironic is that most everyone I know absolutely HATES Wal-Mart but - somehow, mysteriously - that co. continues to thrive.

Why do you all think that is?
    Every January, when I get the Visa bill and see how much she spent there, I automatically crap my pants.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Re: I get the Wal-Mart disease

Originally posted by gruntly
    [
    Every January, when I get the Visa bill and see how much she spent there, I automatically crap my pants. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think your using the visa bill as an excuse, Mr potty pants.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12