Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honeywell TrueSTEAM Humidifiers

I was wondering if anyone has had experience installing any of these and what there opinions were of them. I do mostly industrial work so I haven't run across one and I'm looking at one for my own house. The furnace is in the attic and so I need something remote mounted as I don't want any water lines up there. The exact one I'm looking at is the HM506DG115.

Hello,
    Is that one the right size for your home. They are rated by cubic feet.
    A remote mount kit is optional (but is limited to a certain distance). A dedicated receptacle is required.

Someone with experience installing these is recommended.
    Every problem gives us the opportunity to choose from several solutions: stupidity, ignorance, indifference, or brilliance. Which one will you choose?

The 506? Boil a pot of water when your at home then. And you'll get more humidity then it will give you. I thought they were discontinuing the 506.

Before installing a humidifier. Seal your duct work, if you haven't already. And improve your homes envelope by sealing it better.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The 506? Boil a pot of water when your at home then. And you'll get more humidity then it will give you. I thought they were discontinuing the 506.
    I have to agree! The 6 gal is good for maybe a one bedroom apt. and can only use a 10' remote kit max. You need to size it for your home.

Not a fan of Honeywell True Steam. I had a retainer pop out...that little fitting that you put the hose into. The fitting itself popped out, not just the hose.

Hi jid1877, good to see someone local.

Quote Originally Posted by Jidda View Post
    I have to agree! The 6 gal is good for maybe a one bedroom apt. and can only use a 10' remote kit max. You need to size it for your home.
    Thanks I was in the supply house yesterday and they had one out so I just grabbed the ligature on it and it said that was for up to 2000 square feet? Luckily i can hit this thing within 5 feet of the mounting location.

Thats a 2,000 sq ft tight house. And it better be a very very tight house. So tight, that it only needs a humidifier when no one is in the house.

The 6 only puts 1 quart of water/moisture into the air per hour of its run time.
    Contractor locator map

Just get the 12 gallon model and you can't go wrong.

It's only going to add humidity until the demand is satisfied.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Make sense guys thanks. Everything is pretty well sealed up hvac wise and as far as i can get now untill i can swing new windows. No big issues with them other than the one guy though. Thats good to hear, any other options out there for remote mount?

Before you install this humidifier, make sure to test how hard your water is. If it's too hard, the element will burn up in less than a year. I only installed three of them when they first came out and ended up replacing both of them. Honeywell has a test kit for water hardness so you'll know if there is anything you need to do before you install it. I wouldn't even consider the 6 gal., I'd go with the 9 or 12 gal.

I don't think they come with the test strips anymore. Two things I would like to point out is the larger the size the more hydro consumption(which you will see with any steamer), and if anything with the board goes wrong bye bye replace the entire unit. Out about 15 units we have had to do this for two units in the past year !!!

Quote Originally Posted by khc95 View Post
    I don't think they come with the test strips anymore. Two things I would like to point out is the larger the size the more hydro consumption(which you will see with any steamer),
    The larger unit will use more electric per hour of on time. But be on less then a smaller unit. So it works out t0 about the same amount of electric consumption.
    Contractor locator map

Quote Originally Posted by khc95 View Post
    I don't think they come with the test strips anymore. Two things I would like to point out is the larger the size the more hydro consumption(which you will see with any steamer), and if anything with the board goes wrong bye bye replace the entire unit. Out about 15 units we have had to do this for two units in the past year !!!
    Oh man thats crappy. Thanks for the info though thats definitely a big negative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast