My air handler is installed in an unconditioned space - unfinished attic. I've seen articles that say the air temp in this space is usually greater than the air temp outside.

Should I be looking for an insulation jacket similar to those available for a water heater to install on my unit.

Thoughts / site links would be appreciated.

NO

Talking Blankies for my furnace?

precisionh/c.
    Welcome to are little forum.I see that your the wordy type huh:]

Aeripam.precisionh/c is right in his answer to your question.Also if you look in the manual for most hotwater heaters.You will see they do not want one on their equipment either.
    41GASMAN

Nope....The cabinet for the air handler is already insulated on the inside... Adding more probably will not do much for you....

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/...=1110288855206

you can find the answers to this and many other homeowner related issues at the above link

gasman Guest
    from one gasman to another. you are right, awh manufactor do not want blankets on water heaters. in fact it voids the warrenty. as far as the unit in attic the answer is no.

Talking Isulation

OH goody!!! I get to be right this time.All I will say is it been my turn in the barrel this week.Has anybody checked latly?I think someone has been turning up the rpm on the damm barrel. REally Every time its my turn I'd swear it going faster than the time before!!!!
    41GASMAN