Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome To 1984

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Two words.....racial profiling! There is no better way period.
    Usually we do not agree...

I will always go with what works...what is your way?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    No amount of security will be effective against a patient, determined and skilled adversary.

Add a measure of luck to the skill and you have a recipe for another disaster.
    That's very true - but thieves and cowards, and these people are both, look for two things: opportunity and easiness of their actions.

Anything that can get in their way stalls off their actions.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I will always go with what works...what is your way?
    Actually I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Actually I agree with you.
    Really?....thats awesome!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    That's very true - but thieves and cowards, and these people are both, look for two things: opportunity and easiness of their actions.

Anything that can get in their way stalls off their actions.
    Not that I am for their actions but is it any different to planting a bomb or flying one over people and dropping one on them? As Bill Maher once said and paid the price for, kind of hard to be considered a coward if you are walking into your certain death.

And yes we need to do what we can to limit how much damage they can do.

Really?....thats awesome!
    Don't worry it won't last long.

What...me worry?

Theodore Roosevelt

Not that I am for their actions but is it any different to planting a bomb or flying one over people and dropping one on them? As Bill Maher once said and paid the price for, kind of hard to be considered a coward if you are walking into your certain death.

And yes we need to do what we can to limit how much damage they can do.
    And I would agree with that except they are blanket statements that are not conditional and the why of the actions taken.

If in defense of themselves and their country, then it can be deemed justifiable for a good cause. And yes, that comes from a point of view but there are certain absolute truths in this world that make actions justifiable or not justifiable.

People who walk into crowds with explosive devices for the sake of blowing up people are cowards and fools. They are afraid to live their own lives to the fullest possible and in their own fear they take others with them.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Parking lot security. Whats the big deal here Roy ?

Around here you cant park in any major store or mall parking lot without having some slug cut your cat converter off or bust in your window or try to assault you as you are putting your goods in your auto.
    Well your staying true to your name....How corny..

"The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Am I repeating myself ????

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Until they bomb the Brooklyn tunnel and then everybody will cry why did they stop the security measures.
    The question is, why do we let people in to this country with such intentions.

We didnt have a problem interning Japanese after Pearl Harbour.

What has changed ??

Roy

That thing looks like grandstanding police presents. Its not to catch bad guys but to send them elsewhere. The guy up there would be a fish in a barrel if any real bad asses show up. I wonder how uptight he would get when that generator takes a dump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12