Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome To 1984

Welcome To 1984

No comment needed here, just watch.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVQRMrlQ95U

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Parking lot security. Whats the big deal here Roy ?

Around here you cant park in any major store or mall parking lot without having some slug cut your cat converter off or bust in your window or try to assault you as you are putting your goods in your auto.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

ROFLMAO

that is funny.

Accidentally back up into it and knock that stupid thing over.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Saw one of those in Ft. Lauderdale in 2007. Was creeped out by it then. Corny, it's just a matter of degrees. If this was 1945, there would be national outrage. They just keep creeping up on totalitarianism.
    "The trouble with the world is the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell

Needs some gun ports.

Cool

Canal Street in Manhattan, Lennox and 130st, the NYPD has a bunch of them around the city.

I get stopped and searched almost everyday going into Manhattan through the Brooklyn Battery tunnel. Some days there are US Army soldiers there with full gear including automatic rifles.

If you do work on Wall St near the NYSE, they search your van with dogs.

I don't know what to tell you, but it is only going to get worse. Unless Americans decide that giving up freedoms as a pretext for protection from terrorists and criminals is not the way they want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by freezon View Post
    Canal Street in Manhattan, Lennox and 130st, the NYPD has a bunch of them around the city.

I get stopped and searched almost everyday going into Manhattan through the Brooklyn Battery tunnel. Some days there are US Army soldiers there with full gear including automatic rifles.

If you do work on Wall St near the NYSE, they search your van with dogs.

I don't know what to tell you, but it is only going to get worse. Unless Americans decide that giving up freedoms as a pretext for protection from terrorists and criminals is not the way they want to go.
    Until they bomb the Brooklyn tunnel and then everybody will cry why did they stop the security measures.

Those that sacrifice their liberties for safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Until they bomb the Brooklyn tunnel and then everybody will cry why did they stop the security measures.
    I don't have a problem with security measures. It's the fact that they seem to be only for show, with obvious gaping holes in them.

I'll PM you what is wrong with them, not going to post it in an open forum.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    How very true. And you haven't heard people complain until you hear New Yorkers and people from that East Coast area (I'm from that area so I can speak) until you hear them complain.

My daughter rides those subways and walks those streets and, in light of today's climate, I want everything watched and tested.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

No amount of security will be effective against a patient, determined and skilled adversary.

Add a measure of luck to the skill and you have a recipe for another disaster.

Two words.....racial profiling! There is no better way period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast