Dr. Pepper, real sugar

Got a 12 pak from local Walmart.

is it limited time or they going to keep it. I love the taste of the "throwback" soda but they do not keep them long. Ive herd the price of corn syrup is rising (cheep was the reason they had changed in the first place) if sugar cane or sugar beats become cheaper then we should see them all changing to real sugar.

The sugar is sugar commercials by the Corn Refiners Association are BS in my opinion. I do believe there is a not only a taste difference but a texture also. Made with "real" sugar soda does not seem to stick to the teeth like corn syrup type does.

They have the Pepsi Throwback too, so I guess it got released again.

I am addicted to Diet Dr. pepper. But the first time I had the real Dr.Pepper was down south in Arkansas years ago, was never heard of in Faygo Country. There was another pop down there that was great and it was Grape Pommade I think. Like sweet white grape champagne.

http://www.bevreview.com/2010/07/08/...th-real-sugar/

Expect nothing, yet expect the unexpected.
    Press on Regardless, Endeavor to Persevere.

There was a show on the history channel a few years back about soda. Manufactures have a wide variety of flavors distinct to certain areas of the country. Some of them I have read about sounds wonderful...but 'not available in your area'
    seems the south had the corner on the flavor market.

Some how my dentist and I got on the conversation of soda pop.

He got pretty militant about soda and the effect that the citric acid has on teeth. "Get those gaddam machines out of the schools", was his big campaign. He especially condemned Mountain Dew.

The Dr Pepper made with Real Pure Cane Sugar is a regional thing..We can get them all the time here, but only in certain areas...Around here they are referrred to as "Dublin Dr.Pepper" as they are made in Dublin Texas only.....

I just found some Dublin Dr. Pepper in this little farmers market in Dalworthington Gardens last month.
    tasty!!

Quote Originally Posted by benncool View Post
    Some how my dentist and I got on the conversation of soda pop.

He got pretty militant about soda and the effect that the citric acid has on teeth. "Get those gaddam machines out of the schools", was his big campaign. He especially condemned Mountain Dew.
    He's right, and teachers with unruly students agree. I hate the stuff, I don't know a single fat person who doesn't LOVE pop. My obese sister gave it up and she has lost 70lbs already!

But I have to think real sugar is better for you than corn syrup is, maybe not.

I have to say that I have been drinking Mountain Dew for most of my life. I tried the sugar version and did not dig it. I like my high fructose corn syrup, thank you very much.

Actually, I don't buy soda for the house anymore. I drink water with lots of ice. My treat is a Mountain Dew with lunch once a week or so.

I agree with you on the real sugar mountain dews. The fructrose syrup ones are way better. Now you are making go grab one :P

Dr. Pepper is the $&@* though no matter how you drink it. We stock it regularly... That and gold fish :P