I am a homeowner with no experience with these things, my heat wont come on, the fan seems to be working, and it seems to want to ignite but no flame,and im not getting any heat.Mind you its -8 degrees here at the moment. I have a Goodman GMPN060-3 gas furnace. I shut down power, cut off gas and then restarted it all. Still nothing, is there something that i can do without calling a tech. I did clean out all the dust from what i could get ot

For one there is no pilot in them furnaces, they are hot surface ignition, no there is not anything you can really do yourself as you stated you are not familiar with hvac, Spend the money and call a pro, There could be other problems with the unit bsides the hot surface ignitor. I would just make the call//

you better call someone befor your pipes freeze

Sorry new york,
    Not much a h/o'er can do with these new units other then pick up the phone and get on a list.

If it's that cold, they'll be busy. Dought you see them tonight.
    But you need to be on the list so call now.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Or wait till tommorow, and call during regular buis. hours. It may save you overtime charges.
    never say never

Actually there is a number of things you can do in preparation for the tech.

First step, in a step by step process is to see if the thermostat is calling for heat. If it is then see if the furnace is responding. All this with power on of course.

who knows could be someting simple like cutting the 24 VAC when you installed that new door bell last weekend.

Not familiar with that modle goodman so dont know if it can indicate its getting a call for heat.