Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have one in my home and it is Awesome,NO outdoor unit and with an all elctric home it was the way to go. We install alot,but the LOOP cost is 1800 per ton. The equipment is close to a 2 stage variable speed furnace. We think the loop as your fuel and that you are buying it upfront at a fixed price. You still need a fan and compressor no matter what you put in.We have installed a few just for the fact of many outdoor units and where to hide them.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Everything takes time to install if done well,
    Most around here farm out the loop, an excavator can put it in while crew does the indoor unit.
    Why does that take longer.

Loop is usaully less then a day, even when i did them myself.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Originally posted by Toolpusher
    Everything takes time to install if done well,
    Most around here farm out the loop, an excavator can put it in while crew does the indoor unit.
    Why does that take longer.

Loop is usaully less then a day, even when i did them myself.
    I can do a small home in one day so that would make it twice the time.I didn't say a week just more time.

Thats a good idea.

Have intentions of installing ground source heat pump in my home. Will take water from well, filter it, run it through the condenser coil, and dump it into my pond. This will cost me a couple of SEER points, but should still put me in the 16 -18 SEER area. Will cost about $350.00 for ditch witch to dig trench - ( 4 ft deep at deepest ) and pvc pipe to bury in the ditch. The remaining cost will be in the unit
    itself, which is not cheap, but by doing the work myself, it will be worth the cost in just a few years.

Originally posted by bornriding
    Have intentions of installing ground source heat pump in my home. Will take water from well, filter it, run it through the condenser coil, and dump it into my pond. This will cost me a couple of SEER points, but should still put me in the 16 -18 SEER area. Will cost about $350.00 for ditch witch to dig trench - ( 4 ft deep at deepest ) and pvc pipe to bury in the ditch. The remaining cost will be in the unit
    itself, which is not cheap, but by doing the work myself, it will be worth the cost in just a few years.
    You better hope you have a good well. If you run out of water you run out of heat.

Why not put in a pond loop?

Here is a Geo-calculator. http://www.waterfurnace.com/forms/fo...age=calculator
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

You better hope you have a good well. If you run out of water you run out of heat.

Now that would suck.

The eer is 17.1 on a top of the line waterfurnace. I belive that translates to 23-25 seer.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

"Canada relies heavily on them but whats $30,000 in Canadian.. like $103.44 here. Lol"

...apparently Docholiday doesn't follow the exchange rate, presently $30,000 canadian is 24,709.7 US, LOL

Originally posted by phosgene
    "Canada relies heavily on them but whats $30,000 in Canadian.. like $103.44 here. Lol"

...apparently Docholiday doesn't follow the exchange rate, presently $30,000 canadian is 24,709.7 US, LOL

I think he was just joking,it most of got lost in the translation.

sorry, I thought I was being funny too

Originally posted by phosgene
    sorry, I thought I was being funny too
    You was but it got lost in the translation again.

I wrote previously about my Climatemaster Geo-Thermal furnace on another thread. That's where we had a tech inspect it before we bought the house. The red malfunction light came on about a month later. Both the service company and Climate Master said that was normal because of the colder weather. We scheduled a furnace tune-up. The tech said something was wrong and guessed it was low refrigerant charge but didn't have the equipment to either diagnose or repair the problem but to call back in the spring. The furnace didn't last the week. On a positive note, he did do a nice job cleaning it. Yup, we called the wrong service(now) people. I could see where that can be a problem. Remember, the compressor for the heatpump/ac that went outside is now in your basement. It is noisy. Either have your bedrooms on the second floor or put the furnace down at the other end of the house where your mother in law stays. We have a "pump and dump" system. Our well is at the 340' level. I can't imagine that pulling that much water from that depth is that economical. I figure that this unit will last for about 9 or 10 years, just the nature of the beast, so I add about $70/month to the operating cost.

Toolholder, you said there were other ways of checking geo. Any chance of elaborating?

Where did I come up with toolholder? Sorry about that toolpusher

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast