Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MANOMETER

Post Likes
    Originally posted by hoffa

The only question now is does the BOSS prefer 12 year old or 21 year old daughters.
    Uncalled for, he is the reason you can be here

Post Likes
    What he is pointing out is the difference in attitude between the members, not the actual words.
    Doc only said manometers dont read psi, nothing with attitude there

Post Likes
    Agree Doc is a good guy and has displayed a good attitude over the years. I am not saying anything about HIS attitude.

In fact I view doc as one of those who knows the differece between making a sale and developing a customer base.

If you follow docs comments here I think you'll see he was trying to honestly work through some communications isses.

BTW, as anyone knows who deals with the public, I by no means want to imply that all non-members are humble, easy to deal with and communicate perfectly.

Sorry the comment was to broad.

[Edited by hoffa on 03-09-2005 at 12:40 PM]

Post Likes
    I would also add to my comment the down side in the Testo 506-3 digital.

If you want to monitor pressure over several cycles, it will go into power off mode. You need to reset to 0 by unplugging.

But more important, it doesnt give you the feel for subtleties that a u-tube would. So for example its not as easy to see a slow or slightly pulsing regulator.

So its the usual trade off story, they both have there strenght and weaknesses. When in doubt do what Donald Trump would do, buy everything.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by hoffa
    [B]I alread figured that out for you Dave

That was an interesting trick you played on rfc4 when you ignored jultzya's stream of hate posts, which he initiated, and used a legitimate post of rfc4 as an example of a "rule violation". Your staged evalutaion was cute.

Did you let jultzaya off the hook because he is a personl friend or a paying member? What ever the reason, you sent a message to your kind that "FUN" on the board meant heckling non members. The only rule appears to be that you have to use the bogus safty issue as an excuse.

There are posts on the board that ask "Why dont the customers trust us?" Your behavior Dave is a good example why. Its made worse by the fact you are viewed by the dark side of this board as their leader. "Where is Dave when you need him" is the cry when the hecklers are having trouble. Is that because you are a personal friend of the BOSS and have his phone number?

I'm also curious. Do you own a home? Do ever do repairs around the house without first calling a trade union? Is this question a violation of the rules or is it a violation of your pride?

Were you happy to see Sleeth leave?

For those who read this post, I bet its removed as quickly as Dave can email or phone the BOSS. And the faster its removed the more accurate my assesment is.

[Edited by condenseddave on 03-09-2005 at 05:18 PM]

Post Likes
    Post was editednot removed - Have to get a referee to call that one.

I appreciate the fact it was not removed

Post Likes
    Apparently, I'm not permitted to respond directly to that attack.

It's for the best, I suppose.

Hoffa. I take it that you were a member before and signed up with a new username. Is that correct??????

Post Likes
    Agree Doc is a good guy and has displayed a good attitude over the years. I am not saying anything about HIS attitude.
    Have you signed up under a new username? Remember the site rules. I looked in our database for your email address and it is fake. Can you please contact me about this. I would like to know who you were before. Thanks

Post Likes
    Generally I use a regular pressure guage when I'm working on a high pressure gas system and want to check the pressure to the regulator.

I use both a u-tube, and a richie manometer for "WC.

Doc, you feeling ok.

Post Likes
    BC1

It not fake see below. Just search the formum you'll see hes been posting for a long time.

Let me know if your not happy sieth this answer.

Hello,

This is an automatic message from HVAC-Talk.
    An HVAC-Talk member, perpetual_student, has replied to the thread entitled - ""time to change filter" Meter ?" - in the Residential HVAC forum of HVAC-Talk.
    Here is a direct link to the thread http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...hreadid=72017.
    Thank you for participating in HVAC-Talk! Together, with your help, we are building a fun place to learn and to just hang-out with friends!

Thanks again
    Boss
    Your HVAC-Talk Moderator

** ADVERTISEMENT ***************
    Coastal Computer Corp (http://www.coastalcomputercorporation.com)
    ESC gives users the most efficient and easiest ways to track customers,
    dispatches, service agreements, inventory, service history and much more.

Post Likes
    Im fine... Sometimes you just gotta choose the battles that are worthwhile.

Yes..ol' Doc knows theat both a pressure measurement but thanks anyway for the tip. Since we all know that... what psi should the manifold prerssure of a standard natural gas furnace read? How about telling me what PSI is used when determining airflow. Maybe the PSI for determining a blocked Air Filter?

Honestly I would have felt bad if it were just a typo, but you had to go on with it like you meant it.

Sorry for the pic, I've been looking for a place to use it

Post Likes
    BC1

It not fake see below. Just search the formum you'll see hes been posting for a long time.

Let me know if your not happy sieth this answer.

Hello,

This is an automatic message from HVAC-Talk.
    An HVAC-Talk member, perpetual_student, has replied to the thread entitled - ""time to change filter" Meter ?" - in the Residential HVAC forum of HVAC-Talk.
    Here is a direct link to the thread http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...hreadid=72017.
    Thank you for participating in HVAC-Talk! Together, with your help, we are building a fun place to learn and to just hang-out with friends!

Thanks again
    Boss
    Your HVAC-Talk Moderator

** ADVERTISEMENT ***************
    Coastal Computer Corp (http://www.coastalcomputercorporation.com)
    ESC gives users the most efficient and easiest ways to track customers,
    dispatches, service agreements, inventory, service history and much more.
    I think he's mainly concerned with what your username was prior to your registering two days ago as "hoffa". You DID comment on Doc's demeanor over the past "few years", yet you're a two day member.....

Post Likes
    LOL...

Now thats what I expect from ya DOC.

I would expect to see 1/8 lb.(or.125 psi) at the manifold of a NG furnace.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by beenthere
    Ole Doc thwaps beenthere with a spoonfull of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream

Post Likes
    Thats strange, I am bald and chunky.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by docholiday
    Ole Doc thwaps beenthere with a spoonfull of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream

Thats good ice cream.

[img]Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream[/img]

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thats strange, I am bald and chunky.
    Welcome to my world

Post Likes
    This is for Docholiday.
    Your first Q. was answered in my initial post.
    NOW your second Q. was about a blocked air filter. The answer for that would be( some of you might not beleive this) you take the filter out and look at it. If it is dirty, you change it. WHY would you take a manometer out and check the pressure difference if you can take the filter out and change it? BUT if you are talking about air flow problems, then you got more than a filter to look at.

Everyone on here will be gone and will be replaced by some new comer to the industry. Why don't some of you set a good example for the new guys.
    Some of you guys are WONDERFUL. I do learn alot from you.
    NO ONE KNOWS EVERYTHING. Well, maybe Doc.

Post Likes
    I long for the day of having a new face in my place,

That means I'll be "on the beach trade'n stock"
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in