Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MANOMETER

Post Likes
    Hello guys.
    I comparing manometers. The range varies from 5psi, 15,30, and 100 psi. The brand is SPER.
    What range do you think I should get.
    To be honest, never needed more than 3.5" WG lol

I would appreciate your input very much.
    THANK YOU

Post Likes
    manometers dont read in PSI.

Post Likes
    UHH I KNOW I'm TALKING about THE RANGE OF THE INSTRUMENT

Post Likes
    I would recomend safety goggles when you make your purchase. My son has a used paintball mask for sale. Intrested?

Post Likes
    Yeah I saw that, and you said "The range varies from 5psi, 15,30, and 100 psi."

Post Likes
    No your yelling. listen to Doc.

Post Likes
    Some of you guys are great on here, but most of you are numb unts.
    You guys should chill.
    I read some of the posts on here and going by that you guys are not exactly a bunch Issac Newtons are ya?
    I don't wanna know.
    never again

Post Likes
    ^^^^^^^^ What's his problem? ^^^^^
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Post Likes
    I dont know Doc. ????

Post Likes
    Hungry,
    Your a student, I wouldn't come on here, bad mouth a professional member and ask about something that is used to indicate inches of water colum, and ask it's range in psi.

As doc as said , without being a numb nut, they don't measure psi.

You don't need to be defensive, if you mean something else
    ask it, or stay a student and stay HUNGRY.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Post Likes
    Hungary

Considered a digital manometer? I'd get the Testo 506-3 if you don’t own anything else and $165 is in your budget. I like because its quick easy and no fluids.

I think the dual range (low to 4 WC and hi to 80 WC) covers most of your need - even has a pitot tube option. 3 decimal places on the low scale (that’s no the accuracy of course).

The units of measure are anything you want about and easily selected on power up.

It does have PSI. Check out the web site.

I was going to go Dwyer and a get real manometer but decided it would pay for itself over time.

Post Likes
    Nice response Hoffa. Thanks for picking the ball up!

Post Likes
    Get a Dwyer, I have had mine for about 7 years. Look for something that will read at least 20" w.c. Mine will read up to 20" w.c, and can select scale if I need PSI, Mbar, pascal etc.

I usually use "w.c., or pascal when I check house pressures.
    4 pascal is easer to understand/explain to a customer (when dealing with house pressure) than telling them .016"w.c.

You'll need more than 3.5". You may want to check pressure drop across hea t excahngers, duct system static pressures, pitot tube readings.

Also get a dual port so you can read total pressure as well. Also look for a resolution of 100th's (0.00) for the low end readings.

Steve

Post Likes
    For gas pressrue I like the dwyer see:
    http://www.dwyer-inst.com/htdocs/pre...-1223Intro.CFM
    the tubing is flexible so its basicaly unbreakable, for other pitot, duct, draft, etc. I like magnehelic's

Post Likes
    I got one of these kits about a month ago to take the place of my aged Magnahelic and my junker diaphragm type gas pressure tester.

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/htdocs/air...FM-AVIntro.CFM

I don't know how I lived without this kit for so long, its a great setup. The digital manometer is much more convenient than the old magnahelic, and the telescoping pilot tube is great for doing a duct traverse or checking package units. It is a bit pricy due to the FM approval and the telesoping pilot tube, but I figured if I was going to spend the money on something, I wanted something very accurate. They don't come much more accurat than 1/2% full scale accuracy.

Post Likes
    THIS is to
    Hoffa, gje1, Steve3871m.
    THANK YOU you guys are great.

The other guys should get some education. I'll do it for free

PSI and Kpa are BOTH measurments of PRESSURE. English and SI.

1 PIS ( this is for the know it all HACKS)= 27.7" of WC

YOU NO HAVE PSI, YOU NO HAVE WC CAPECHE?

YEs I am a student. WERE YOU ONE PAL EVER?

Post Likes
    I never said you didn't know what your talking about.
    But what you were asking sounded like you wanting to use something made for "wc" to test psi with.

Now it's been awhile since I tested psi but it seems i remember it takes 27" wc to make 1 lb psi. And I'm probably wrong on that firgure, But i also don't care. I don't ever test that high, so I don't need to know.

So if i'm testing from 3.5" to 10". I'm only reading inches not psi. Maybe thats what threw me. Not speaking for everyone, I never do.
    But if you still don't like me oh well.

You jumped on your help, by yelling. Without a clear understanding of what you wanted,IMO. But what do i know I'm just a numbnut

[Edited by Toolpusher on 03-09-2005 at 08:39 AM]
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Post Likes
    What he is pointing out is the difference in attitude between the members, not the actual words.

Try pretending every one who asks for help is your 12 year old daughter whether your a parent or not.

This also goes to show that things change and we are all victims of our own experience - some top notch techs may never have seen or used a PSI marked manometer. They've mastered what they have and have never looked back.

And thats when this board works at its best, since we all have different experiences.

Post Likes
    I always pretend that it's someone else's 22 year old daughter.

She's blond.

And tall.

And kinda slow.

Post Likes
    I alread figured that out for you Dave

That was an interesting trick you played on rfc4 when you ignored jultzya's stream of hate posts, which he initiated, and used a legitimate post of rfc4 as an example of a "rule violation". Your staged evalutaion was cute.

Did you let jultzaya off the hook because he is a personl friend or a paying member? What ever the reason, you sent a message to your kind that "FUN" on the board meant heckling non members. The only rule appears to be that you have to use the bogus safty issue as an excuse.

There are posts on the board that ask "Why dont the customers trust us?" Your behavior Dave is a good example why. Its made worse by the fact you are viewed by the dark side of this board as their leader. "Where is Dave when you need him" is the cry when the hecklers are having trouble. Is that because you are a personal friend of the BOSS and have his phone number?

I'm also curious. Do you own a home? Do ever do repairs around the house without first calling a trade union? Is this question a violation of the rules or is it a violation of your pride?

Were you happy to see Sleeth leave?

For those who read this post, I bet its removed as quickly as Dave can email or phone the BOSS. And the faster its removed the more accurate my assesment is.

[Edited by BC1 on 03-09-2005 at 12:10 PM]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in