Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MANOMETER

I long for the day of having a new face in my place,

That means I'll be "on the beach trade'n stock"
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Buy what you want.

I'll leave you with this.

The SPER Scientific meters you are looking at have an accuracy of + or - 0.2% of full scale at room temperature. The 100PSI one (840083) has a "WC scale of up to 2768 "wc. Multiply the full scale of that times + or - 0.2% and you have a potential error of + or - 5.536" wc. Thats pretty rough considering we need to read pressures in the 100ths of inches. A coil for instance may have a pressure drop of .17" wc. a filter may have a 0.08" wc drop.

The lowest scale one (840085)is going to have an error of 0.1" wc. Which can make troubleshooting or even calculating airflow messy at best. This is assuming you have it calibrated regularly and keep it from temperature changes such as from your truck to the furnace room.

I may be stupid in your eyes but my experience tells me that one should consider that minor errors in instrument reading equal large errors when it comes to calculations. Just because the resolution is 0.01 doesnt mean its that accurate.

Hungry, I was just havin fun w your question, & refering it to a U tube(liquid filled manometer) which I highly recommend for accuracy, cost,reliability,no batteries, will last forever if you take care not to slam it around, keep the caps on , & not let liquid evaporate. Never needs calibrated, Its good to about 16" W.C. Use a simple inexpensive pressure guage for p.s.i. requirements .Or I guess you can buy a $ 500 meter that will do it all with a 1 yr. warranty.
    never say never

Originally posted by hoffa
    Post was editednot removed - Have to get a referee to call that one.

I appreciate the fact it was not removed

im the ref on this one, what was edited was your shot at boss, nothing else, ruling... not you

Originally posted by hungry
    Hello guys.
    I comparing manometers. The range varies from 5psi, 15,30, and 100 psi. The brand is SPER.
    What range do you think I should get.
    To be honest, never needed more than 3.5" WG lol

I would appreciate your input very much.
    THANK YOU
    And here is the real answers he is looking for:

I have a SPER Scientific Digital Manometer, I think it is the 15PSI version. I bought it from E-Bay and it seems to work ok. I do not use a whole lot since I have a dial type as well. You will have to go to the hardware store and get some fittings , hoses, and stuff because the crappy hoses it comes with are just that. It reads all pressures including WC so that is cool if you need something other than WC. It also has a good bright backlight for those dark situations. The case is a little too large for me or my tool bag but oh well. As far as accuracy, I have never ran it against an WG manometer to see but looks OK to me when running along with a dial type manometer.

If you are looking cheap, differntial manometer its not a bad way to go. I got mine new for around $80 + shipping.

BTW you will need to check over 3.5" when setting up furnaces especially LP stuff....

Eds a good stakler IMTD, You just dont realise your accomplishment.

Hungry doesnt deserve my input, after his remarks.

Iggy hungry.
    never say never

Originally posted by lmtd
    How come Dave gets all the good stalkers and I get Ed? I mean WTF, I work much harder at it than Dave!!!!!
    LOL. Pay attention, grasshopper, and some day, you too might realize your full stalkability potential.

I finally figured out what this nutjob was rambling on about, and I was actually trying to STOP a fight in those several threads, instead of making an existing one worse. (Like I normally do when I get in the middle of something. ) I was polite, professional, and I explained everything in a rather non-condescending manner when it was necessary.

SO MUCH FOR THAT APPROACH!

I think this fruitcake is pissed that I wrecked some great reading or something.

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by hoffa
    BC1

It not fake see below. Just search the formum you'll see hes been posting for a long time.

Let me know if your not happy sieth this answer.

Hello,

This is an automatic message from HVAC-Talk.
    An HVAC-Talk member, perpetual_student, has replied to the thread entitled - ""time to change filter" Meter ?" - in the Residential HVAC forum of HVAC-Talk.
    Here is a direct link to the thread http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...hreadid=72017.
    Thank you for participating in HVAC-Talk! Together, with your help, we are building a fun place to learn and to just hang-out with friends!

Thanks again
    Boss
    Your HVAC-Talk Moderator

** ADVERTISEMENT ***************
    Coastal Computer Corp (http://www.coastalcomputercorporation.com)
    ESC gives users the most efficient and easiest ways to track customers,
    dispatches, service agreements, inventory, service history and much more.
    I think he's mainly concerned with what your username was prior to your registering two days ago as "hoffa". You DID comment on Doc's demeanor over the past "few years", yet you're a two day member.....
    Gee. I wonder if he ever actually answered the question that BC1 asked him, instead of remarking on his ability to receive emails???

originally posted by BC1
    Have you signed up under a new username? Remember the site rules. I looked in our database for your email address and it is fake. Can you please contact me about this. I would like to know who you were before. Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234