Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MANOMETER

For gas pressrue I like the dwyer see:
    http://www.dwyer-inst.com/htdocs/pre...-1223Intro.CFM
    the tubing is flexible so its basicaly unbreakable, for other pitot, duct, draft, etc. I like magnehelic's

I got one of these kits about a month ago to take the place of my aged Magnahelic and my junker diaphragm type gas pressure tester.

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/htdocs/air...FM-AVIntro.CFM

I don't know how I lived without this kit for so long, its a great setup. The digital manometer is much more convenient than the old magnahelic, and the telescoping pilot tube is great for doing a duct traverse or checking package units. It is a bit pricy due to the FM approval and the telesoping pilot tube, but I figured if I was going to spend the money on something, I wanted something very accurate. They don't come much more accurat than 1/2% full scale accuracy.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

THIS is to
    Hoffa, gje1, Steve3871m.
    THANK YOU you guys are great.

The other guys should get some education. I'll do it for free

PSI and Kpa are BOTH measurments of PRESSURE. English and SI.

1 PIS ( this is for the know it all HACKS)= 27.7" of WC

YOU NO HAVE PSI, YOU NO HAVE WC CAPECHE?

YEs I am a student. WERE YOU ONE PAL EVER?

I never said you didn't know what your talking about.
    But what you were asking sounded like you wanting to use something made for "wc" to test psi with.

Now it's been awhile since I tested psi but it seems i remember it takes 27" wc to make 1 lb psi. And I'm probably wrong on that firgure, But i also don't care. I don't ever test that high, so I don't need to know.

So if i'm testing from 3.5" to 10". I'm only reading inches not psi. Maybe thats what threw me. Not speaking for everyone, I never do.
    But if you still don't like me oh well.

You jumped on your help, by yelling. Without a clear understanding of what you wanted,IMO. But what do i know I'm just a numbnut

[Edited by Toolpusher on 03-09-2005 at 08:39 AM]
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

What he is pointing out is the difference in attitude between the members, not the actual words.

Try pretending every one who asks for help is your 12 year old daughter whether your a parent or not.

This also goes to show that things change and we are all victims of our own experience - some top notch techs may never have seen or used a PSI marked manometer. They've mastered what they have and have never looked back.

And thats when this board works at its best, since we all have different experiences.

I always pretend that it's someone else's 22 year old daughter.

She's blond.

And tall.

And kinda slow.

I alread figured that out for you Dave

That was an interesting trick you played on rfc4 when you ignored jultzya's stream of hate posts, which he initiated, and used a legitimate post of rfc4 as an example of a "rule violation". Your staged evalutaion was cute.

Did you let jultzaya off the hook because he is a personl friend or a paying member? What ever the reason, you sent a message to your kind that "FUN" on the board meant heckling non members. The only rule appears to be that you have to use the bogus safty issue as an excuse.

There are posts on the board that ask "Why dont the customers trust us?" Your behavior Dave is a good example why. Its made worse by the fact you are viewed by the dark side of this board as their leader. "Where is Dave when you need him" is the cry when the hecklers are having trouble. Is that because you are a personal friend of the BOSS and have his phone number?

I'm also curious. Do you own a home? Do ever do repairs around the house without first calling a trade union? Is this question a violation of the rules or is it a violation of your pride?

Were you happy to see Sleeth leave?

For those who read this post, I bet its removed as quickly as Dave can email or phone the BOSS. And the faster its removed the more accurate my assesment is.

[Edited by BC1 on 03-09-2005 at 12:10 PM]

Originally posted by hoffa

The only question now is does the BOSS prefer 12 year old or 21 year old daughters.
    Uncalled for, he is the reason you can be here

Originally posted by hoffa
    What he is pointing out is the difference in attitude between the members, not the actual words.
    Doc only said manometers dont read psi, nothing with attitude there

Agree Doc is a good guy and has displayed a good attitude over the years. I am not saying anything about HIS attitude.

In fact I view doc as one of those who knows the differece between making a sale and developing a customer base.

If you follow docs comments here I think you'll see he was trying to honestly work through some communications isses.

BTW, as anyone knows who deals with the public, I by no means want to imply that all non-members are humble, easy to deal with and communicate perfectly.

Sorry the comment was to broad.

[Edited by hoffa on 03-09-2005 at 12:40 PM]

I would also add to my comment the down side in the Testo 506-3 digital.

If you want to monitor pressure over several cycles, it will go into power off mode. You need to reset to 0 by unplugging.

But more important, it doesnt give you the feel for subtleties that a u-tube would. So for example its not as easy to see a slow or slightly pulsing regulator.

So its the usual trade off story, they both have there strenght and weaknesses. When in doubt do what Donald Trump would do, buy everything.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hoffa
    [B]I alread figured that out for you Dave

That was an interesting trick you played on rfc4 when you ignored jultzya's stream of hate posts, which he initiated, and used a legitimate post of rfc4 as an example of a "rule violation". Your staged evalutaion was cute.

Did you let jultzaya off the hook because he is a personl friend or a paying member? What ever the reason, you sent a message to your kind that "FUN" on the board meant heckling non members. The only rule appears to be that you have to use the bogus safty issue as an excuse.

There are posts on the board that ask "Why dont the customers trust us?" Your behavior Dave is a good example why. Its made worse by the fact you are viewed by the dark side of this board as their leader. "Where is Dave when you need him" is the cry when the hecklers are having trouble. Is that because you are a personal friend of the BOSS and have his phone number?

I'm also curious. Do you own a home? Do ever do repairs around the house without first calling a trade union? Is this question a violation of the rules or is it a violation of your pride?

Were you happy to see Sleeth leave?

For those who read this post, I bet its removed as quickly as Dave can email or phone the BOSS. And the faster its removed the more accurate my assesment is.

[Edited by condenseddave on 03-09-2005 at 05:18 PM]

Post was editednot removed - Have to get a referee to call that one.

I appreciate the fact it was not removed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast