does anyone have any info or articles about laser themometers ? I need an article that is official an explains that they measure surface temp.. thank you..

Lightbulb Terra

terrauniversal.com

infrared/thermometer
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

After reading it, write one on how they should be used for chalk blocks for your van when parked on a grade.

LOL....they do make for good chocks. I have seen many and owned a few and don't really like them. For me tenths of a degree are important in refrigeration and those infrared deals are not good enough. I prefer thermocouple probe or probe thermometers.

I have one from Snap On that works great. I use it for supply air temps off grills, ceiling diffusers, sometimes compressor heads and breakers in panels. My van gets regular service so I have never had to use it as a chalk block but would think it too small for that application.

I have one I use for cooking works great!! lot better than the old finger test for water or grease, Man can I cook some great fried chicken now I used to always have the grease to hot.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Works great on slab leaks. Dont care for it on air temps, to broad a spectrum.

I have a Fluke. Great for finding overheating controls, breakers, disconnects.

I carry a black permament marker so I can mark a target area for items that have a low emistivity, such as flues, copper refer lines etc.

Know and understand your distant to spot ratio, this is where the complaints come from when accuracy is an issue/concern. It's a great tool.

Steve