Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    <Rant on>
    Whiteout conditions in NH right now, and the roads are super slick. I have 3 large hills on my way home. Managed to make the 1st two, passing a few cars that were spinning their wheels, stuck. On the 3rd hill, there's a line of cars moving up the hill nicely, when the minivan in front of me STOPS half way up, cause he slipped a bit. HE STOPS! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING MORON?! Great, now I have to make a split-second decision. I pull into a driveway to the left and try to back out and go back the way I came. No way. Now I'm sliding down the hill sideways, blocking both lanes of traffic, with my company name on the side of my box truck looking like a giant moving billboard. Now I look like the idiot.

PEOPLE! When the bloody hills are slippery, keep your wheels moving, no matter if the back end of your vehicle is waving in the wind. Steer like you were taught in driving school. I then took the hill at 35mph and it was a breeze. Used to be around here people knew how to drive in the snow. And back then, there was no front wheel drive or SUVs. Just shaking my head in disbelief.

<Rant off>

Blood pressure getting back to normal now.

Just drink a beer & chill out.

Lucky you got the snow and not the hail like we are in MA... icy hell out there right now...

I used to love driving in the snow and snowstorms in Pitts.
    Get back to work.

Why is it up here in new england the roads just don't shut down in snow like they do in Texas? Never could understand that.

It's one thing if you are on your way home for the night, but why do you leave home again??!! People need to be able to just stay home in this garbage.

PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. A snow squall caused a string of highway pileups involving as many as 90 vehicles Tuesday, killing one person and injuring at least 34 others, police said.

with what is probably the last good snow for this season, i left the house at 5:30 this morning and headed north to go skiing. by nine, we had purchased lift tickets 12-15 for the mountain for the day and were skiing in about eight inches of fresh, low water content powder. its a little after eight and just got in. back to work tomorrow.

Originally posted by flange
    with what is probably the last good snow for this season, i left the house at 5:30 this morning and headed north to go skiing. by nine, we had purchased lift tickets 12-15 for the mountain for the day and were skiing in about eight inches of fresh, low water content powder. its a little after eight and just got in. back to work tomorrow.
    Were do you live?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by framehvac
    [B]PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. A snow squall caused a string of highway pileups involving as many as 90 vehicles Tuesday, killing one person and injuring at least 34 others, police said.

White-outs are friggin' nasty things. Same thing happened (78 cars, 1 fatality, wiped out in both directions) in '94 on a highway just around the corner from me here. I had just decided to avoid the road because of the kind of weather we were having and took a back road instead.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

White outs....was in the middle of one in Northern Colorado
    on I-25 in 1995......Saw all the brake lights and managed to get stopped. Out of the mists in my rearview mirror I see a frickin tanker semi in jacknife mode...The mind goes into slow motion...My sphincter is morse coding a message to my brain sayin "Get the F*&K Outta here NOW!". Thank you front wheel drive. Thank you all season radials. Thank you God for giving that 5 second pause in the wind that allowed me to see that monster coming my way..yours truly exits stage right onto the shoulder and up the slight incline to the barbed wire fence....I watch the side of that tanker trailer smack 2 or 3 stopped cars and bounce them into stopped cars in front of them...they're spinnin like bowling pins...luckily the truck was about stopped when they hit at maybe 5 mph.... a few people shook up but no one really hurt....good day for the tow trucks and body shops. Hate to think what the scene could have been.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Originally posted by ozone drone
    The mind goes into slow motion...My sphincter is morse coding a message to my brain sayin "Get the F*&K Outta here NOW!". a few people shook up but no one really hurt Hate to think what the scene could have been.
    Can your sphincter do any show tunes?
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Originally posted by vmc1161
    Originally posted by ozone drone
    The mind goes into slow motion...My sphincter is morse coding a message to my brain sayin "Get the F*&K Outta here NOW!". a few people shook up but no one really hurt Hate to think what the scene could have been.
    Can your sphincter do any show tunes?
    Only when I'm scared $hitless....maybe if you hum a few bars..we'll join in
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Another storm due here(Boston) on Saturday. Another foot of snow predicted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast