Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by hoffa
    The first step, in my step by step trouble shooting, is to have the customer aks any potential Professional HVAC techs in the Boston area sign a legal release saying they do not go by the alias Control_noob or on any HVAC internet forums.

If they do go by that alia, be sure and ask if the attitude and verbal abuse is extra or comes free with the service.
    I don't get it.

There are few situations that will cause the control to go into a hard lockout.

Did the remodeling project involve the installation of a new digital theremostat for the furnace? Some of the older 398 control boards had "issues" with some digital thermostats, specifically types that use small amounts of the furnaces control power to power them. This small drain of the control power from the furnace will make the board think there's a problem and cause it to lockout. The one I had do this would randomly shutdown. The one constant seemed to be how long between run times. The longer the furnace stayed off between heating cycles the sooner it would lock out.

The other thing that I can think of that would cause random lockouts is if the furnace overheats a certain amount of times compared to how many times it runs. I'm not sure if your control board has this function in it, but experience tells me that the duct cleaning might have included a filter upgrade to a "special" filter that cost you extra. Some of these wonderful, save the world from dust, filters will restrict the airflow on the furnace to the point where the furnace's high limit will trip.

Good luck.

Gremlins do exist!!!!! They live in furnaces in the winter and air conditioners in the summer.

Originally posted by lynn rodenmayer
    Originally posted by hoffa
    The first step, in my step by step trouble shooting, is to have the customer aks any potential Professional HVAC techs in the Boston area sign a legal release saying they do not go by the alias Control_noob or on any HVAC internet forums.

If they do go by that alia, be sure and ask if the attitude and verbal abuse is extra or comes free with the service.
    I don't get it.
    LMAO, me either...

sounds like some people realy dont need help at all
    seems you have hvac co that cleans your ducts but cant fix the furnace hehehehe and then you put down someone that does know what he is talking about whats up with that
    sounds like a simple fix but sorry would be in order first
    your welcome for no help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12