Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RICM, how are people dealing with this out your way?

Guys, in Alberta four RCMP officers were shot and killed while waiting for a warrant to bust a grow op. The perp then killed himself.

Grow ops are a huge problem out here.
    The police should walk in shooting on these guys now.

Originally posted by operator
    Yeah,I guess legalization would take all the fun out of it.

Originally posted by jacob perkins
    Originally posted by operator
    Yeah,I guess legalization would take all the fun out of it.
    And the profit for those who want it to be illegal.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Man, what a sad case. I'm in Barrie,. Town of 140,000. Remember Barrie? Largest Grow-op in Canada and probably the largest indoor grow-op in North America discovered to that date (Jan 2004)? Running in an old Beer plant?. The one I can see from my back window. Oh, that Barrie... This Alberta grow-op seems to be a bad case of people turning a blind eye that might well have known how dangerous this guy was. I guess I would have to know the whole story to understand how 4 young RCMPs got shot. I know that the pot was only discovered during a vehicle mishap. They want to legalize it. That won't change a thing. None of the grow-ops quantity hits the streets of Canada. With this kinda volume we'd all be high all the time.
    This stuff is meant to pass into or through the states for trade with others. One of my favourite coverstations between G.W.Bush and Paul Martin apparently went "When are you gonna stop sending us guns, George." "When you guys stop sending us pot, Paul!"
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

There seems to be a misconception about a move to legalize pot in Canada. That isn't the case at all. The idea is to decriminalize simple possesion and make it a civil offense instead, in order to make it easier to repress its use. Someone caught with pot that appears to be for his own use would be slapped with a fine (like for road violations). As it stands, law enforcement doesn't bother with it because the whole process of arresting, summoning and trial is too onerous and costly to be used very often, and having a lifetime criminal record for what often amounts to a foolish period in one's youth seems too harsh . Although I personally have mixed feelings about how effective that kind of repression would be, I can understand the reasoning behind taking it out of the criminal realm and making it a simpler civil offense. At the same time, the criminal penalties for producing and trafficking in pot would be increased in order to make it a less tempting activity for organized crime.
    If you don't know what you're doing, do it neatly

Originally posted by Diceman
    [And the profit for those who want it to be illegal.
    Now we know how you can afford satellite radios...

Originally posted by Guy
    in order to make it a less tempting activity for organized crime.
    The only way that will happen is complete legalization,decriminalization,whatever the word is.

From what I've read the fact that this guy had a grow-op, was a minor part in this tragedy. He had been a blight on the community for years with numerous tangles with the law and a self proclaimed hate for the police. He should have been locked up years ago but managed to slip though the justice system. His own father was qouted as saying "I wish he was never born" and likened him to the devil.

Grow-ops are a pain though, recently had 2 neighbourhood homes purchased by Asians that were turned into grow-ops. Directly across the street and next door! They both only lasted 2-3 months before being shut down and are now occupied by respectable, normal people, but there is one house in the neighbourhood that was condemned 2 years ago due to mold and other issues and still sits empty.
    In one upscale community they had bought up most of the houses on a Culdesac (spelling)? Big Bucks and wrist slaps means it will just keep moving around.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

The idea that pot is illegal while drug companies and doctors have pretty much put every person in this country on some kind of "legal": pain killer, anti-derpessant, decongestant, sleep aid, anti-cholesterol, blood thinner or
    allergy pill is so absurd, actually it's beyond absurd.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

And as far as the other approved drugs that society indulges in which are far worse such as nicotene, alcohol and even caffine, thats just hypocricy.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Governments don't like moral issues. Reject them to the back burner as often as they can because they have a tendency to divide, not just the public, but people in their own party. Only pressure from the public can force a moral issue to the top of the heap. Marijuana, prostitution, religion and abortion are amongst many of the top issues that governments cringe at the mention of. Kinda tells you something about government..they're nothing more than a popularity contest at best. The only changes that may come out of the inquests here will be burdened to the RCMP and other police groups. More bulletproof or flack jackets to be worn, etc, which I agree with but still nothing to be done about prevention of the situation to begin with, like usual.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

I do feel bad for the police and their fams, having to enforce too many laws these days. That guy sounds like he was gonna be bad news no matter what he got into.
    At least he killed himself.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    I do feel bad for the police and their fams, having to enforce too many laws these days. That guy sounds like he was gonna be bad news no matter what he got into.
    At least he killed himself.
    they did hit him a couple times but not enough, need laws with teeth, not the lets be nice and let him out.

We have a pedophile just released in T.O. and is a strong risk to reoffend, lock the fkr up and keep him there, how long before he destroys someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast