Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wink duel fuel

any two stage t-stat will work. wire in a outdoor t-stat and a bonnet sensor if possible, t-stat has no sense of outdoor temp

Just went to a seminar that says these hybrid systems should be sold to homeowners here in michigan. With a two stage furnace and a high seer heat pump with conservative figures said lp customers could see a four year payback on investment. For natural gas took a little longer at a little more that eight years. What do you guys think? Seems to if you could afford the price of the equipment it maybe worth it.

Originally posted by prolinehtg
    Just went to a seminar that says these hybrid systems should be sold to homeowners here in michigan. With a two stage furnace and a high seer heat pump with conservative figures said lp customers could see a four year payback on investment. For natural gas took a little longer at a little more that eight years. What do you guys think? Seems to if you could afford the price of the equipment it maybe worth it.
    Well, yeah and no, I guess...lol. I stopped trying to sale energy savings with these systems as much as comfort some time ago. Sure, some customers see some payback depending on what they had to start with, but some don't see that much too. In reality, we are selling comfort and a sort of best of both worlds system. You have the heatpump for the moderate days and the furnace for those very cold days. Only the customer can decide if the expense is justified to them to be comfortable. Also, should a component on one or the other break, they still have some heat available, but to promise huge paypacks and all sorts of savings just to make a sale sometimes don't work out because there are just too many variables involved. If we have a customer that has to go strictly LP, we always mention the benefits of duel-fuel, but I personally am very conservative when we talk payback because I see promises made all too often that just don't pan out.

Bobby

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12