Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global warmings real origins!

Global warming is claimed to be a 20th Century problem caused by man. In fact, what really happened is that early in the 20th Century, the U.S. and most of the industrialized world started practicing Daylight Saving Time.

DST is used to give us more daylight hours to work in. Well! Of course the Earth is going to get warmer when there is an extra hour of daylight to heat it up during DST!

All we need to do to stop global warming is to get rid of DST!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I don't know where the global warming went. 0 degrees and 20 - 40 mph winds. Must have blown away with the front that moved in.

Global warming effects are more prominent when Al Gore is at home with his lights on in his $9 million villa;
    [img]http://3.bp.********.com/_orkXxp0bhEA/S94eHxgj9aI/AAAAAAAAdDY/lV9oiu1pchY/s400/100502-gore-house4.jpg[/img]
    There are fears that if Al Gore loses power completely that we may be in for another Ice Age.

Hope he keeps his lights on. It probably helps keep our elec. prices down.

What really throws the Communists for a loop is when you ask the dolts how other planets are warming at the same level as the Earth when there is no human activity on them.

DST and GW are both good examples of the government screwing with you!.

And the NASA people say…..

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2009/06/n...lanet-warming/

One more just to put the nail in the coffin...

http://www.news.com.au/mars-warming-...-1111113287109

They don't call it global warming since they had to cancel a big global warming conference due to record cold weather, they now call it climate change and that global warming is causing the record cold temperature.

I think what they are trying to say is if your beer isn't cold enough, throw it in a fire and it will get colder.

They also complain about C02 emmissions yet C02 makes up about .3-.4% of the earths atmosphere.

I had one tree hugger tell me we need to get rid of ALL of the C02, I asked him what would happen to all of the trees and other plants that use C02?

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    They don't call it global warming since they had to cancel a big global warming conference due to record cold weather, they now call it climate change and that global warming is causing the record cold temperature.

I think what they are trying to say is if your beer isn't cold enough, throw it in a fire and it will get colder.

They also complain about C02 emmissions yet C02 makes up about .3-.4% of the earths atmosphere.

I had one tree hugger tell me we need to get rid of ALL of the C02, I asked him what would happen to all of the trees and other plants that use C02?
    Pretty much depicts how much sense the Chicken Littles make, doesn't it?

What is a shame is that the masses of Chicken Littles are all being so easily manipulated by the few who making billions off of something we have said since the beginning of mankind; "The weather; everybody complains about it, but no one does anything about it." NOW! These people actually think they are going to control nature. That is the height of mankind's arrogance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% with the animated owl telling us to "Give a hoot, don't polute." Dumping toxins into the air we breath, the water we drink and the food we eat is just a stupid thing to do and we should stop dong it as much as possible. But stop trying to scare us like we are ignorant children still believing that there is a monster under our beds.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    But stop trying to scare us like we are ignorant children still believing that there is a monster under our beds.
    You mean he's not there anymore
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    You mean he's not there anymore
    Nope! Al Gore and other leftists have captured all of them and are unleashing them on the masses disguised as global warming, climate change, imminent meteor strikes and any other scare tactic they can use to control the masses under a state of perpetual fear.

Ya know, I started this thread just so I could be the one to make the most ridiculous statement about global warming, and darned if one of the alleged experts in the field hasn't outdone me;
    As global temperatures have warmed and as Arctic sea ice has melted over the past two and a half decades, more moisture has become available to fall as snow over the continents. So the snow cover across Siberia in the fall has steadily increased.
    The sun’s energy reflects off the bright white snow and escapes back out to space. As a result, the temperature cools. When snow cover is more abundant in Siberia, it creates an unusually large dome of cold air next to the mountains, and this amplifies the standing waves in the atmosphere, just as a bigger rock in a stream increases the size of the waves of water flowing by.
    The increased wave energy in the air spreads both horizontally, around the Northern Hemisphere, and vertically, up into the stratosphere and down toward the earth’s surface. In response, the jet stream, instead of flowing predominantly west to east as usual, meanders more north and south. In winter, this change in flow sends warm air north from the subtropical oceans into Alaska and Greenland, but it also pushes cold air south from the Arctic on the east side of the Rockies. Meanwhile, across Eurasia, cold air from Siberia spills south into East Asia and even southwestward into Europe.
    http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/27078

That is what Judah Cohen, the director of seasonal forecasting at an atmospheric and environmental research firm, has come up with as to why we have global blizzards in the middle of global warming.

Other then a novice weather watcher and someone who can read the vast amount of information on global climate changes over the lifespan of the Earth, I am no expert. However, I think I can logically challenge most of this guy's claims;
    • Why would sea ice melt create more atmospheric moisture when it does not increase the surface area of the Earth's water where evaporation takes place? BUSTED!
    • If there is more snow cover across Siberia, isn't that a replacement of the snow cover that has decreased allegedly due to global warming? BUSTED!
    • Wasn't the claim that it was the Sun's energy being reflected back into Space that kept the Earth from warming in the first place? BUSTED!
    • That cold dome thing over Siberia is just too bizarre to acknowledge, but whatever effect more snow cover in Siberia has, it would have been the same before the snow cover in Siberia decreased during what these Chicken Littles claimed was man made global warming. In other words, things are pretty much going back to the way they were before global warming claims. BUSTED!
    • Everyone who has ever seen the weather on TV over the past three decades knows that the jet stream has always meandered north and south. Weather persons just loved showing us how that jet stream dips down and rises back up from the U.S. to Canada to show us how they derived their 30% accurate weather forecast. BUSTED!
    This guy really should be the next Democratic presidential candidate.

About 1,000 years ago, Greenland was warm enough for the Vikings to colonize and grow vineyards. Today Greenland is almost entirely covered in ice. Tell me: is the earth warmer today than it was 1,000 years ago? Did they have SUVs and coal power plants in the days of the Vikings? This isn’t tough to figure out, people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast