This was typed on the lap-top inside a police car, seen in full few of everyone standing outside a nightclub that was a fire in Austin, Texas, (I think).
    This and other comments about do they need more gas and such were text by cops and dispatchers the club was burning down.
    Racist? Badtaste? Or the responses to a problem club that had 120+ calls to by the police in 1 year for fighting, shooting, and public drunks?
    What if the situation was reversed in it was a club used by mainly whites? What would they call it then?

Maybe they were just reminded of the song

Disco Inferno
    R2B4BTU

would it still be called ARSON if they found out the police dept lit the fire.

Hmm Never gave it much thought

But the Black and Mexican bars and clubs around here do seem to always end up burning. I thought it was an insurance thing. If it was race motivated that would be wrong. Problem area? The cops may say Yea! One less problem to deal with. But what was on the laptop was in bad taste and uncalled for. I think it will take at least another hundred years for our cultures to come together, or if ever. Stamas...are you suggesting that the cops were involved in the burn?

[Edited by oroy54 on 03-08-2005 at 04:09 PM]

The article I read didn't say that it was an ethnic club, just that they were referring to the song Disco Inferno. It cracked me up at the time. But I guess it's a different story if it was meant to be an ethnic thing.

racism is alive and well

After working as a paramedic in the South for 12 yrs. in the busiest EMS, I can state that I never responded to a racial incident involving a white against black at a club, store, joint, or firebombing. I did respond to numerous calls where a group of blacks beat up whites.

One racial incident I responded to was where a pair of drunk rednecks chased a black man down a 4 lane road into town. When they all spun out, the black charged out of his car, shot and killed both white men even though he assaulted over 50 yds up a hill instead of running away downhill. They should have gone to jail for being idiots but he got away with their execution. They were too drunk to get out of their car and the rear bumper was stuck on a wall. All he had to do was leave. Instead he ran up behind their El Camino, stood in the bed, and calmly fired into their backs. I know this because I testified in the trial.

I did respond to more assaults and murders of black on black than I can count. This includes 3 father/son cases, a pair of best friends in their 60's arguing over checkers, and so on.

Then there was the one where a black shot and wounded a white teen at a large dance hall. As I was carrying the kid out on a stretcher with the path lined with onlookers, a black thug asked if he would live. When I assured him he sure would, the thug reached over my shoulder with a .357 and pumped 5 rounds into the guy's chest and laughed "That MF'r ain't gonna live now!" He got off after 5 yrs.

As for these clubs burning down, have you ever been in some of these clubs? Fire traps.

When I was in Atlanta last week, Jesse, Calypso Louie Farakhan, Al Sharpton, et al lead a protest rally for the Black Muslim State. They want reparations for the slaves. Gee, they want more than the 40 acres and a mule, sea coast islands, and plantations taken from the whites? Oh, are there any ex-slaves still alive to repay? I thought we were just all Americans. Forget colors. But no, they want to keep the fires of hatred burning. Their signs on their motorcade read: Ex-Slaves, Ex-Negros, Ex-Amercians. That pisses me off. Get the F___ out of our country if you don't like it. Damn stinkin' racist terrorists.

So before we ASSume anything is racially motivated we should get the facts straight. If these cops did put such stupid things on their screens, then it proves there are a few rednecks left in the world and they should be disciplined. However, the black hatemongers outnumber them 1000-1.
    Yes, cops, paramedics, and firefighters are human and an ocasional idiot may make a stupid off color remark. Just please don't put everyone in that boat, just as most blacks are not trouble makers at heart. However, these new racial terrorist who make their living off other peoples grief, fears, and hatred are the real threat.

Re: racism is alive and well

Originally posted by hearthman
    After working as a paramedic in the South for 12 yrs. in the busiest EMS, I can state that I never responded to a racial incident involving a white against black at a club, store, joint, or firebombing. I did respond to numerous calls where a group of blacks beat up whites.

One racial incident I responded to was where a pair of drunk rednecks chased a black man down a 4 lane road into town. When they all spun out, the black charged out of his car, shot and killed both white men even though he assaulted over 50 yds up a hill instead of running away downhill. They should have gone to jail for being idiots but he got away with their execution. They were too drunk to get out of their car and the rear bumper was stuck on a wall. All he had to do was leave. Instead he ran up behind their El Camino, stood in the bed, and calmly fired into their backs. I know this because I testified in the trial.

I did respond to more assaults and murders of black on black than I can count. This includes 3 father/son cases, a pair of best friends in their 60's arguing over checkers, and so on.

Then there was the one where a black shot and wounded a white teen at a large dance hall. As I was carrying the kid out on a stretcher with the path lined with onlookers, a black thug asked if he would live. When I assured him he sure would, the thug reached over my shoulder with a .357 and pumped 5 rounds into the guy's chest and laughed "That MF'r ain't gonna live now!" He got off after 5 yrs.

As for these clubs burning down, have you ever been in some of these clubs? Fire traps.

When I was in Atlanta last week, Jesse, Calypso Louie Farakhan, Al Sharpton, et al lead a protest rally for the Black Muslim State. They want reparations for the slaves. Gee, they want more than the 40 acres and a mule, sea coast islands, and plantations taken from the whites? Oh, are there any ex-slaves still alive to repay? I thought we were just all Americans. Forget colors. But no, they want to keep the fires of hatred burning. Their signs on their motorcade read: Ex-Slaves, Ex-Negros, Ex-Amercians. That pisses me off. Get the F___ out of our country if you don't like it. Damn stinkin' racist terrorists.

So before we ASSume anything is racially motivated we should get the facts straight. If these cops did put such stupid things on their screens, then it proves there are a few rednecks left in the world and they should be disciplined. However, the black hatemongers outnumber them 1000-1.
    Yes, cops, paramedics, and firefighters are human and an ocasional idiot may make a stupid off color remark. Just please don't put everyone in that boat, just as most blacks are not trouble makers at heart. However, these new racial terrorist who make their living off other peoples grief, fears, and hatred are the real threat.

Re: racism is alive and well

Originally posted by hearthman
    I can state that I never responded to a racial incident involving a white against black
    One racial incident I responded to was where a pair of drunk rednecks chased a black man down a 4 lane road into town. When they all spun out, the black charged out of his car, shot and killed both white men even though he assaulted over 50 yds up a hill instead of running away downhill.
    . [/B]
    Sorry, I'd have shot them too.

I point really is that is you look at the fire and the text message responses, it's some not to smart fools with keyboards. If you add in persons of color, it's a immediately a racism issue.
    My buddy reprimands/fires a black man on one of his crews, it's racism. He is called before a review board to explain. NAACP gets involved and he has to tell them the very obvious-his crew is 75% black. The fired guy was replaced by a black man, and the man was caught sleeping on the job, repeatedly, and this man was a supervisor himself.

Oh. I thought this was about a new compressor install.

Seattle Pioneer

the roof the roof the roof is on fire

We dont need no water - let the mother f-er burn!!!

Dang Hearthman- the story about the guy readching over you with a .357 is wild - i would of had to change my shorts after that.

I would imagine if the bar was a white bread hang out and nothing but trouble came from there the cops would have said the same damn thing. Think they just get tired of the same damn problem at the same damn place time after time. If it where me I would have been thrilled to see a trouble spot removed - regardless or race, color or creed.

Originally posted by Boiling Point

I would imagine if the bar was a white bread hang out and nothing but trouble came from there the cops would have said the same damn thing. Think they just get tired of the same damn problem at the same damn place time after time. If it where me I would have been thrilled to see a trouble spot removed - regardless or race, color or creed. [/B]
    Ding-Ding. You got it!

trash is trash regardless of color

There are plenty of joints the cops won't go near without backup and that statement crosses all racial lines. Actually, I've had more close calls from rednecks than bikers, blacks, Mexicans, or other ethnicities. Most other ethnicities will be visibly torqued. You can see it in their eyes and know who not to turn your back on. You get the cops to move the crowd so they can't circle in behind you the way that A__hole at the club did. I blame the cops on that one. Usually, they have the mob WELL out of our way.

The problem with many rednecks is they don't always wear their hearts on their cut off sleeves. You just can't tell who's about to break weird and who is cool. People are nuts.
    Sorry but those to idiots in the El Camino did NOT deserve to die. If a white did that to two blacks Jesse would have whipped up riots and they would have burned the town down. Instead, it was called street justice. You don't want to go there.

I'm all for shooting perps caught in the act where a life is in danger. We used to give verbal marksmanship awards to the Columbia City Police. One off duty cop made a beautiful head shot in a grocery store that saved many lives. I know of one sergeant that has 3 fatal shootings--with a total of 3 rounds. She is about 5 ft. even, ~225 lbs, doesn't take any crap, protects the paramedics, commands respect to the point big roudy gorillas back down or do what she says the first time, and she's black. I've seen her order some goons to push a car out of the way for us and they did it without question. Why? Because they know she is righteous and if you are stupid, she'll kick your butt. She is a guardian angel in the roughest neighborhood. Too bad the world even needs someone like her.

Yes, the cops get tired of the same old War Zones. You usually know who the jerk is causing trouble. We had one nut that called EMS a rcord 47 times in one month. He would slash his arms then call us. After I'd start IVs and patch him up, he'd scream I was trying to kill him. He'd walk out of the ER, go to the pay phone on the corner of the hospital and call 911. Once back in the ER, the cops would arrest him. As soon as he hit jail, he'd fake a phenothiazine reaction so back to the ER. The psych MD would send him to the State Hospital for 30 days. Upon release, they hand him a bottle of pills for seizures. He gets on the street, sells the pills for $1 a hit touted as speed or 'ludes. He takes the money, buys some cheap wine, gets drunk, slashes himself and it all starts over. Your hard earned tax dollars at work...