Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by framehvac
    [I have a friend that works as a bartender at a stip club he makes $300 a night.

[/B]
    Marry him now! If it's a problem for you come to Massachusetts it's OK here.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

You can collect unemployment the first day you are sent home, just as fast as you can get to a computer you can file. there is usually a waiting period before you can start collecting so you have already wasted time.
    You company has the right to contest the claim.
    for crying out loud file man, you have kids to feed.

[Edited by secorp on 03-08-2005 at 06:07 PM]
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Re: Don't feel bad hunting Otto.

Originally posted by spotts
    My crew gets paid for 40 hours no matter what. In the 2 years following 9/11 I lost approx. $1,000 per month, but my employees didn't. I knew it would come back and I still wanted them here when it did. Now I've got a big cusion back in the bank..... waiting for the next slow time.
    Thats because you have heart and you are in the trenches
    along with them.

I have allways been treated better when I work for someone
    like you Spotts,verse the big corporate enity.

Feel like a number,I'm not a number.....

Well, I called them tis morning and again at 10:00 and they haven't returned my calls. I called the shop and told the boss that I may have to look for another job and he hopes I don't but, if I do it's slow all over around here. I have done some calling around and it seems to be that way. I'm sure it will pick up in another week or two. Just wish I didn't have all this free time to worry.

Wife has a couple of promising interviews lined up. So we'll keep our fingers crossed. Landlors says it's OK if I'm a bit late on the rent and I've done some repairs that will come of the rent, too.
    R2B4BTU

its 3am wish me luck

if you need some financial help,i could send you a few bucks to help out,.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Thanks for the offer. I asked the boss and he said others have asked the same question and he has to deny everybody. I understand his predicament. We'll manage somehow. We've been through worse!
    R2B4BTU

Hey Otto I have asked you before and am asking you again ? Have you ever contimplated moving east to the MD/VA area ? I can get you a job tomorrow guarenteed 40 hours regaurdless if you acctually work it or not , all the schooling you can stand , and make damn good $$. I remember your pics with the big boiler and how much you liked it. You will not ever have to step into someones home again !! Oh also an outstanding benny package . May be something worth thinking about Otto. If you may be interested let me know. Shoot right now my boss would probobally pay your moving expenses as well.

That's tempting refrtech. We still have 5 months left on our lease in the house we're in and I've decided to stick it out. We'll get by, been through worse. I just have too much time on my hands and it gives me time to worry about things that will probably be OK.
    R2B4BTU

Originally posted by otto
    That's tempting refrtech. We still have 5 months left on our lease in the house we're in and I've decided to stick it out. We'll get by, been through worse. I just have too much time on my hands and it gives me time to worry about things that will probably be OK.
    I feel for ya man and I know things will be OK but..... wouldn't it be nice not having to even worry if it will be ok !!

e mail me oldsnipe420@comcast.net send your phone# and we'll talk. I'll call ya tomorrow cause tonight it's Corona & a little stress relief with the wifey........
    R2B4BTU

I feel for you. I'm not sitting at home during the day, but know the feeling of everything else.

I ate crow last year and still decided not to go back to work at my previous job. The gaurenteed 40 wasn't worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12