Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    And I'm sitting here awake. Work's been quite slow. I've been getting in maybe 10 hours a week at best. Bills are piling up and the money is running low. Surfing through the jobs in a local paper I see my old employer is looking for a tech. The company I work for now has been good to me but, this sitting at home and waiting for work is giving me an ulcer. I'm gonna call him first thing in the morning and ask for my old job back.
    R2B4BTU

Good Luck Otto..I dont know why it is that company treat there help the way they do.

I'm constantly joke in my area for giving my guys a 40 hour
    work week even tho at times the work not there.

Sure it tuff,and I find myself going into what little saving I have,but damnit they to have a family to feed,and
    I feel that I'm big daddy to them as well.

It always puzzle me,that a biz person want them there 24/7
    when the works is there but when the bottom drop out they
    are not there for them.

Call me what you will,but you will never say I dont think
    of my help as family,after all are we not suppose to be one
    big happy family.

Then they wonder why there help is out there doing sidework.

try some of these guys in your area,good luck http://www.mepatwork.com/JobSeekerPa...teList/IL.aspx
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Many service techs I know do side work. I refuse it all the time. It seems like I'm expected to cheat in order to get by.

Also, it appears that if I complain about this slow down then I'm viewed as a bad employee. This company pays me the wage I asked for and has bought me a brand new van so I do not like to have to look for another job but, as I said before, I need money, not empty promises.

I just hope they'll have me back at the old job. These sleepless nights and worrying is not the way to live. I know there must be other employers out there who don't overhire and then lay off. Hell, being layed off would be better, at least I can collect unemployment.
    R2B4BTU

Originally posted by maxster
    try some of these guys in your area,good luck http://www.mepatwork.com/JobSeekerPa...teList/IL.aspx
    Funny, the company I work at is listed there!!!!!!!
    R2B4BTU

Hey Otto,

If your employer has good to you ,you wouldn't be sitting home,You got to get out of that situation and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Don't feel bad hunting Otto.

My crew gets paid for 40 hours no matter what. In the 2 years following 9/11 I lost approx. $1,000 per month, but my employees didn't. I knew it would come back and I still wanted them here when it did. Now I've got a big cusion back in the bank..... waiting for the next slow time.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Otto, Go to the local Petrochemical plants and refinerys in your area. They are making money hand over fist, and most of the corporate america have cost saving committees. My company used to pay a 30,000 retainer a year for hvac help. We had a guy back in the 80's that took care of the units full time. He quit because he couldn't keep up with the latest technology. I do the simple stuff or trouble shooting, then they call some one out. I have other jobs to do. You know good luck is really saying the right thing to the right person at the right time. So you have a redhead wife? Me too! Ain't they fun!

Why did you leave the old employer in the first place?
    I think the company you work for now should lay you off so you can collect, did you ask them, in a nice way I mean?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

If they wont lay you off you could possibly file for partial unemployment, Ive done it before

Get a part time job as an exotic dancer they work late into the night. That way when you get home you will fall fast asleep.

Your job is not to lighten the load for your employer when times get slow. If they cant give you 40 hr's then you have every right to look for another job, guilt free. Talk to them and ask to be laid off, but they really should be talking to you. They should have offered you that option they seem to have made an investment in you by buying you a new truck and may be willing to make some form of agreement with you. Have they offered to front you some money to help with the bills, that would be nice. But maybe they are hurting and cant help whats happening.

GOOD LUCK
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Originally posted by vmc1161
    Get a part time job as an exotic dancer they work late into the night. That way when you get home you will fall fast asleep.

Your job is not to lighten the load for your employer when times get slow. If they cant give you 40 hr's then you have every right to look for another job, guilt free. Talk to them and ask to be laid off, but they really should be talking to you. They should have offered you that option they seem to have made an investment in you by buying you a new truck and may be willing to make some form of agreement with you. Have they offered to front you some money to help with the bills, that would be nice. But maybe they are hurting and cant help whats happening.

GOOD LUCK
    vmc1161
    Professional Member

I have a friend that works as a bartender at a stip club he makes $300 a night.

Good luck Otto. You need a little more security than you have now. The company just doesn't have enough business to give you that security.

I ate crow once and begged for my old job back and they took me back. I never left again until they closed the doors many years later at which time they gave me a big chunk of their customer base and my truck as a reward for sticking with them until the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast