The Economy
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: The Economy

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampa Florida
    Posts
    760
    From what I can see the fuker is on full boil, some of the Industrail locations that I do work for are slinging **** out the door faster than they can count.
    Just a couple places that I worked at today was a turbine casting plant and a opitical plant and these places are on fire, both just added third shifts.
    lots of business expansion in Tampa and not enough qualified help.
    _________________

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841
    Originally posted by jimp
    From what I can see the fuker is on full boil, some of the Industrail locations that I do work for are slinging **** out the door faster than they can count.
    Just a couple places that I worked at today was a turbine casting plant and a opitical plant and these places are on fire, both just added third shifts.
    lots of business expansion in Tampa and not enough qualified help.
    _________________

    West Virginia a lot of qualified help & no work.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hell Hole Swamp
    Posts
    4,180
    WV has been dead job wise for a long time, I lived there as a teenager and got out as soon as I could, McDonalds is a career there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841
    Originally posted by swampfox
    WV has been dead job wise for a long time, I lived there as a teenager and got out as soon as I could, McDonalds is a career there.

    Where at.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Posts
    676
    Try to find qualified help in Tyler TX. I spent all day teaching 2 guys to run flex and I don't think they ever got it figured out. My son learned in about 20 min and finished the flex and boots for a 3000 sqf home about 3 hrs.

    Now if I could find 2 adults that could work like that..........
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841
    Originally posted by dpatty
    Try to find qualified help in Tyler TX. I spent all day teaching 2 guys to run flex and I don't think they ever got it figured out. My son learned in about 20 min and finished the flex and boots for a 3000 sqf home about 3 hrs.

    Now if I could find 2 adults that could work like that..........

    How much do you pay.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hell Hole Swamp
    Posts
    4,180
    Originally posted by framehvac
    Where at.
    Fayette County

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841
    Originally posted by swampfox
    Originally posted by framehvac
    Where at.
    Fayette County

    I grow up in Wirt County.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Posts
    676
    depends, 250 for 2 guys that I supervise and I do some tech stuff. 350 for a complete rough in
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841
    Originally posted by dpatty
    depends, 250 for 2 guys that I supervise and I do some tech stuff. 350 for a complete rough in

    Sorry but that isn't enough.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Posts
    676
    That is just rnc stuff and the guys love it. I deliver all eq and materials, Then give them the layout and they are usually done in 4 hrs. If I have the work they can get in a second job pretty easy

    I hire one tech part time and I pay him $25 per billable hr, contract labor.


    Personally I will be glad when I can hire people full time. not enough work yet
    HVAC Contractor, Tyler Texas.

  12. #12
    Hey Frame I drove through there about a month ago,on 77 how far are you in relationship to 77, I stayed at a hotel I think it was exit Harper rd.near 64,I was headed to a government facility in S.Carolina.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event