A curious question about WikiLeaks

One of the major media stories of 2010 was Julian Assange and his organization 'WikiLeaks'... which purports to reveal evil things governments and establishment organizations do.

Sooner or later, the question arises:

Why is the whistle blower the bad guy... when the evils done by the accused are ignored?

The focus of this article and thread is the question above, NOT opinions as to whether WikiLeaks is right or wrong in what they did...

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...aks/index.html
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

There is always a question of how much is too much information especially when it comes to running and securing systems of all types including governments.

That question should always be challenged to keep abuse from happening on both sides of that question.

But, I learned first hand that certain information needs to be kept away from other in order to do the job at hand. I learned this in the service and have respected that value since.

It's part of the process. Also part of the process is what we do about this recent incident. This should only make us a stronger nation by analyzing what is necessary and not necessary.

There are certain "facts" that must be kept secret. And there are certain facts that must be not kept secret. And there are times when secret are let out to the public and there are times when they should always be kept secret.

I'm thankful I'm not one of those that has to make that decision. But I'm also thankful that there are individuals that will challenge this notion.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835