Bird in Duct!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bird in Duct!!!

I don't know if this is common or not, but while at my currently under construction house, a bird came through an open window (actually no glass around the front door). Anyway, there was one vent that was covered by sheetrock, and that was opened up on Friday, but without putting a grate on it. Anyway, the bird flew into the Duct!!!!! I sat for a while waiting to see if it would come out, but it never did. What should I do? What is reasonable for me to ask from my builder? Should I make them put a camera up there, or do I just wait to see if it starts to stink? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I would find away to get the "DuctBird" out because it will start to stink.

The problem is, I'm not sure if he is still in there or not. I just don't know what to do.

It may not stink.A duct cleaner can get it out for you.

Lightbulb Here Kitty Kitty

Originally posted by kilobravo3
    ... What should I do? What is reasonable for me to ask from my builder? Should I make them put a camera up there, or do I just wait to see if it starts to stink? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Find someone with a Duct Cat.

Fred

Put a pair of gloves on, have your wife video tape you, trying to get a bord from the duct work,then send into americas funniest home video's. If you win you'll thank us here at H talk and we will be famous.

A bird in the Duct is worth how much?? LOL
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Originally posted by kilobravo3
    Anyway, the bird flew into the Duct!!!!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    I am glad to help,but I will need some more information:
    Is this a supply or return duct?

[Edited by jacob perkins on 03-07-2005 at 08:41 PM]
    Sometimes there are compounding complexities of multiple variables that are not intuitively obvious

Hmm

Thanks for all the help!!!!! Well, if you can't laugh about this....what can you laugh at?

It is a supply duct.

drill hole in soda can, thread holes into can, drop can into supply runs, pull can back slowly. seen this done once this way. MAKE SURE POWER IS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEFORE DOING !!!!!!!!! bird should fly ahead of soda can when you are pulling back up.. Hopefully....

Originally posted by fixit50
    drill hole in soda can, thread holes into can, drop can into supply runs, pull can back slowly. seen this done once this way. MAKE SURE POWER IS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEFORE DOING !!!!!!!!! bird should fly ahead of soda can when you are pulling back up.. Hopefully....

soda can you mean pop can right.

Talking Here Kitty Kitty

AS usual Jim should you choose to accept this mission And you are discovered ,we know nothing about it!

Steps:
    1) Have wife neal on floor next to floor supply vent and get the "good" eye looking real hard like down in the vent.
    2) You go down the stairs to the machinery room.

3) RElease end of suspected venece bird eating supply duct from supply plenum.

4) Squeeze end of said suspected suplly ducting to approximate shape of your lips.

5) Carefully and with great caution blow profusely on said released supply ducting.

*6) Have wife note results.

* If large quantity of feathers appear.Its to late
    for said fowl!

** If nothing appears.ITs to late for said fowl.

*** If great stench arrives only while blowing
    profusely. Immediately rush home and brush teeth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast