Thread: DVD Players

Well I got my first DVD burner and discovered that my 5 1/2 year old DVD player doesn't like DVD-R's and such.

So I went to best buy earlier to look for a new DVD player.

They had some nice ones there, but to my dissapointment, every single one of them was silver. So I went on line looking for one on different web sites, and again, everything is silver unless you want to put out $200 or more for a black one.

Where it may not be a big deal to some, I have an entertainment center with 6 other components that are all black and it would look kind of stupid if I put a silver DVD player in with a black TV and components.

I have noticed over the past several years that they are making more and more electronics stuff in that silver color from the 1970's. A couple years ago I went to get a CD player for my truck and wanted to get a Kenwood since I have had good luck with them through the years. So I get to the store and find out that Kenwood no longer makes anything black. So Sony got my sale that day.

Is it just me or do the majority of people like the silver color of this stuff? Or are the manufactuerers just making them this way because they THINK we like it?

I found a couple of black ones on Circut Cities site Sony's I believe, $119-$149 or esle try Sony's web sight I think you can buy direct from them as well !

I perfer the Black as well, its almost the same with T.Vs. all or mostly silver.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

check this one out for your price range http://www.intechav.com/electronics/...DVPNS400D.html
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

If you want a good player that plays any format and are very reasonably priced look at the Apex brand. Will even play dvd-rw's.

btw, a very helpful site. http://www.videohelp.com/dvd

[Edited by bb on 03-07-2005 at 05:42 PM]

Wink Wrong Color

Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech
    .... So I went on line looking for one on different web sites, and again, everything is silver unless you want to put out $200 or more for a black one.

Where it may not be a big deal to some, I have an entertainment center with 6 other components that are all black and it would look kind of stupid if I put a silver DVD player in with a black TV and components....

If it's really that important, have you considered a can of black spray paint?
    Fred