Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Dad died 2 weeks into my starting school from prostrate cancer.All day when the phone rang I was just thinking that if he was here it would be him giving those last few words of advice and wisdom and really missing hearing them.I had a falling out with my parents at a early ageand didnt or wouldnt realize I was wrong and they were right until I became older and had kids of my own and just wanted me to have a better life than they did.You know its kind of funny what makes you think of those things and how important things like a little phone call and five minutes could mean so much.I know my going back to school and doing well made his last days happy so I just want to say Thanks Dad for being there all those times when other people would have been done with me,Thanks for trying and not giving up on me.I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks for being a dad.I dont mean to preach but the saying is true you don't know what you've got until its gone,so give your parents a call and just say thanks and I love you before you wish you did.So heres to you dad I love you and I know your with me and you got bragging rights in heaven because I did good.Maybe a little late in life but I'm there.Sorry to ramble but I'm nervous and can't sleep

Message understood, been there, take care.

I understand. I have always been so greatful that I hugged pop and told him that I loved him. I still miss him. I will be praying for you and your family.
    Len
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

dragonfyre I wish my dad was like that,sounds like he was a good man.Good luck with everything dragonfyre.I to will be praying for you and your family.

Hang in there guy. When I was young my father was just a dumb old man, but somehow, the older I got the wiser he got. Before he died my father was the wisest man I knew. I know you will miss him, but now you must carry the torch for your kids.

Hang in there, he is proud of you.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I hear you man. Like the others said...hang in there. Sounds like he was a great man.
    Get back to work.™

My own dad died last September from liver cancer. He was the only hero I ever had. I miss him every day, and often think to myself (without really "thinking") "I'll call daddy and see what he thinks."

Man, you never really get over it.
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

Dragon
    How did the first day at work go? That is terrible about your Dad. God rest his soul. Good luck and take care.

R404a

Sorry to hear about your dad, but he is looking down on you now from above with a big smile saying to his friends, ”That’s my boy guys”. He would be proud of you, and he hasn’t passed because his teachings live on in you.

May he rest in peace forever.

My heart goes out to you and your family. My dad and mom are 80 and live about a 12 hour drive from me. Every visit is very special. When it's time to go home I cry for miles because this could be the last visit. I can't possibly know what some of you already know about loosing a parent. That would be my greatest fear. Oh man! I will pray for us.

Re: Old clipping

Originally posted by smac
    Fathers wisdom not what changes over passing years.
    Ann Landers

When I was 4 years old. My daddy can do anything.
    When I was 5 years old. My daddy knows a whole lot.
    When I was 6 years old. My daddy is smarter than your daddy.
    When I was 8 years old. My dad doesn't know exactly everything.
    When I was 10 years old. In the olden days when my dad grew up, things were sure different.
    When I was 12 years old. Oh well, naturally, Dad doesn't know anything about that. He is too old to remember his childhood.
    When I was 14 years old. Don't pay any attention to my dad. He is so old fashioned!
    When I was 21 years old. Him? My Lord, he's hopelessly out of date.
    When I was 25 years old. Dad know's a little bit about it, but then he should because he's been around so long.
    When I was 30 years old. Maybe we should ask dad what he thinks. After all he's had alot of experience.
    When I was 35 years old. I'm not doing a single thing until I talk to dad.
    When I was 40 years old. I wonder how dad would have handled it. He was so wise and had a world of experience.

Thats good Smack. I just turned 40 yesterday and Dad is 20 ft behind me reading the paper. We work together every day. I'm very blessed. Sorry about the loss.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Dragon, I am sorry for your loss. My wife recently lost her mother, so I'm beginning to understand what it's like to lose a parent. Both of mine are still alive; we just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. We're on great terms and it will be harder than anything when they go.

I have lost friends and family over the years and I can't help myself from pausing and reflecting on how their lives influenced mine. The older I get the more I want to live in a way that honors those that loved me but have gone on ahead of me. Sounds to me you're doing just that for your own father. Best wishes to you.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast