+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parking Tickets

Post Likes
    Do you get em ? How many ?

Who pays for em ? How many will they pay for ?

I get one or two a year but know people that easily reach 20 a year.

Post Likes
    I won't pay a parking ticket, But I did pay a bullshit $200.00 defective equipment ticket one of my guys got from an Arrogant, egotistical Michigan Sherriffs deputy!

[Edited by bigbadbob on 03-05-2005 at 03:20 PM]

Post Likes
    We do alot of work in the city, parking is scarce and paying them is a cost of doing business in the city... eventually it is the customer who pays for them, and we rack up quite a few.

Post Likes
    Same here, the shop cover's parking tickets as parking is somewhat of a premium. Speeding tickets are paid by the individual who got it.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Post Likes
    The company pays them for me. I've only gotten 3 so far (in 4 years), so they haven't complained too much. But I do have to fight really hard to get them to buy me a parking permit (which costs all of $1 a day or so) for the bigger jobs.

Speeding tickets are paid by the person though, had one of them, tried pawning it off but they acted like it was my fault or something lol.

Post Likes
    When I was a helper I got a ticket,expired license two years old my boss wouldn't pay it I had to go to court the court though it out because the van wasn't in my name he call the owner & let him have it,it was real funning you had to be there

Post Likes

Thumbs up

The co. I used to work for used to pay them, but they dicontinued that because guys were taking advantage of it. That is they would park any where, even if a parking garage was only 1/2 a block away. We just put extra truck washes on our exp reports....to cover them.

Post Likes
    Eddy: you could take some of that $3000.00 tip and pay for a few in advance- I'm sure the city will set up that kind of program for those with extra cash

Post Likes
    BTW the driver of the van parked it illegally , not the company- so why should the company have to pay for it

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct2
    BTW the driver of the van parked it illegally , not the company- so why should the company have to pay for it
    In the downtown here there are commercial zones limited to 1/2 hour, there are also parking meters limited to 1/2 hour, there are parking garages which a van with racks can't fit into, and there is public transportation for those who don't want to park downtown... How do you propose I complete my work downtown?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by control_noob
    eventually it is the customer who pays for them, and we rack up quite a few.
    I've tried to explain this to our building owners being that I've been there, but they still took away all the contractor spots. Not only are they going to get hit with a higher rate in one way or another they will get less man hours out of the contractor since now it takes longer for them to unload their equipment, go find a place to park then do it in opposite at the end of the day.

To get back to the topic. I think this needs to be understood before it happens. These questions should be addressed.

1. Does your employer pay for paking? "They better"
    2. Will your employer pay parking tickets if there's nowhere else to park?
    3. What if you get towed for illegally parking?

It would be pretty irresponsible to take it on your own to knowingly put your service vehicle in a position to get a ticket without prior authorization from your fearless leader.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct2
    If the van driver has a habit of turning in parking tickets virtually on a daily basis, by all means it should be addressed. However, parking in reserved stalls, or meter runs out while working, etc... the shop should be good for that. It's like renting equipment for a job - either it gets paid/rented or the job cannot be completed if you cannot park nearby.

Apartment buildings are bad for not having places to park. Tenent parking spots are out of the question. So you park in either the firelane, or in front of the Commercial dumping bins (Dumpsters). Complete the work - land the ticket - turn the ticket into the shop - shop tacks it onto the invoice - Invoice gets paid - a round of pats on the back for a job well done.
    Teach the apprentices right... and learn from their questions and ideas.

Post Likes
    expirered meter costs 16.00 parking lot charges 22.00. my company will not pay for parking tickets but they reimburse us for metered parking without reciepts. 16.00 parkimg ticket=16.00 meter expense.

Post Likes

We don't have parking tickets

out here in the boonies.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in