Confused York YSFAFAS5CTCS

Recently I replaced a logic board #031-00936 - 005 REV "G" for a # 031-00936-005 REV "I", which failed in a York chiller YSFAFAS5CTCS. The chiller came into operation again, but the motor current do not go beyond 58% FLA
    (FLA=674 A at 380V), even after the load ramp time has elapsed and the LWT being away from the programmed setpoint.
    Current programming are:
    Chilled Water Set Point: 6 ° C
    Ramp: 15 min at 60% FLA.
    Current limit: 80% FLA.
    Current measurement shown at display (L1 = 393 A, L2 = 374 A, L3 = 342 A), confirmed with external Amprobe with some minimum difference.
    The J5 300-600V jumper at LCSSS was checked and it is configured to 600V (pin 1 and 2).
    Somebody have had this problem before and could help?

Current measurement shown at display (L1 = 393 A, L2 = 374 A, L3 = 342 A)

i am thinking that the the voltage has to far of a span??
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

You may need to calibrate the slide proximity sensor.
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

The % FLA reading in comparison to programmed FLA is correct according to your post. There's a large difference in amps from L1 to L3 that may need to be addressed by checking the operation of the trigger board, but 58% of 674 is 390. What is your ELWT? Is there any readout on the display while running that would indicate a stop load or force unload condition, such as low discharge superheat, excess charge override, etc? It doesn't sound as if you have a motor current issue from your post, but rather something not allowing the compressor to load.

Configuration?

Could it be a simple configuration issue.

I'm not sure how current the manual is, but here is an excerpt that may be of interest.

Manual 160.80-M1---page 82

Full Load Amps - This is the maximum allowed
    motor current at which this chiller is permitted
    to operate to achieve maximum design capacity.
    It is the Full Load Amps (FLA) of the chiller,
    as listed on the SALES ORDER Screen
    Π r2----No, pie are round, cornbread are squared.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BKS60 View Post
    You may need to calibrate the slide proximity sensor.
    Hello, BKS60! The model I was working is the Millenium, and the potentiometer is already adjusted. I guess that just Optiview model is fitted with this slide proximity sensor.
    But anyway thank yo very much for your clue. I really appreciated.

Thumbs up

Hello Lambo!It is a Millennium, I've checked the programming data regarding "current limit" and it is ok.
    Sure your post observation was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo View Post
    Could it be a simple configuration issue.

I'm not sure how current the manual is, but here is an excerpt that may be of interest.

Manual 160.80-M1---page 82

Full Load Amps - This is the maximum allowed
    motor current at which this chiller is permitted
    to operate to achieve maximum design capacity.
    It is the Full Load Amps (FLA) of the chiller,
    as listed on the SALES ORDER Screen

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    The % FLA reading in comparison to programmed FLA is correct according to your post. There's a large difference in amps from L1 to L3 that may need to be addressed by checking the operation of the trigger board, but 58% of 674 is 390. What is your ELWT? Is there any readout on the display while running that would indicate a stop load or force unload condition, such as low discharge superheat, excess charge override, etc? It doesn't sound as if you have a motor current issue from your post, but rather something not allowing the compressor to load.
    Hello KLOVE, how have you been? Sorry about my delay time, the EWT was 48.5F and LWT was 42.5F, and the readout was "Current Limit".
    Thank you for your post, I really appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by brztech View Post
    Hello KLOVE, how have you been? Sorry about my delay time, the EWT was 48.5F and LWT was 42.5F, and the readout was "Current Limit".
    Thank you for your post, I really appreciated!
    According to your original post, you're setpoint is at 6C which is 42.8F. That would explain the stop load condition because per the above, ELWT was 42.5F. If it's reading out as "current limit", the first thing I'd do is go back and confirm that the settings are where you said they are. A lower current limit setting, pulldown demand setting, or job FLA setting than you think you have will cause "current limit in effect" to come up when it shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    According to your original post, you're setpoint is at 6C which is 42.8F. That would explain the stop load condition because per the above, ELWT was 42.5F. If it's reading out as "current limit", the first thing I'd do is go back and confirm that the settings are where you said they are. A lower current limit setting, pulldown demand setting, or job FLA setting than you think you have will cause "current limit in effect" to come up when it shouldn't.
    Hello Klove, how have you been? Klove almost one year after and I came back at this jobsite and what I saw at this time is that the machine was limited to avoid an overload shutdow, so I made some adjustment on the current calibrating potentiometer and the load went to 80% but the pot reached its end. Do you have any literature where explain how to set the logic board, that could share?
    Best Regards

this information is of the potentiometer in the office I have more of this manual is the shipping tomorrow
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by servicetrane View Post
    this information is of the potentiometer in the office I have more of this manual is the shipping tomorrow
    Ok servicetrane, really appreciated your help! Thank you very much!
    Best Regards,