infinity outside temp probe
    Can you tell me where it is suppose to be located?
    Mine is inside the unit behind the metal cover, which causes the reading to be much higher in the day than actual temp. outside.
    Should it be located outside the unit?

Yeah, just pull it back through the hole where the wires come from, and I stick it just through the rubber grommet with the t-stat wire, in the Infinity stat box there is another temp sensor with a plastic mounting piece read the instructions and stick it where the sun dont shine!

it goes inside the hood above the data tag, the plastic holder has an adheseve in it

I was putting it outside the cabinet also. Now I install it on the inside towards the bottom with mastic tape. I use the wall opposite direst sunlight. I have found I get a much more accurate reading. If you don't have water or snow issues a good place is under the unit where the refrigeration lines connect.

Post Carrier Classes

You guys are installing some pretty expensive equipment. Your distributor shuld have some classes on the Infinity System I strongly urge you to take full advantage and get some classes.

Not trying to come across as a Jerk but these are questions that should be known before you ever touch the equipment.

It will save you alot fo time and expense and provide your customers a quaility system they can enjoy for years to come.
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

just took the class last thur and I do the in house trainning, tis is our next class.

Lightbulb 10-4

Originally posted by htinglky
    just took the class last thur and I do the in house trainning, tis is our next class.
    Isn't knowledge an awesome tool htinglky ... Our distributor holds some of the best technical classes I've ever taken.
    AllTemp Heating & Cooling

what part of the country? Our guy in Louisville is the best,
    Carrier dealers can get the Infinity presintation for 15.00

Smile

carrier never had alocation stated in their manuals, we have been putting them under the units since all the a/c and heat pumps get put up on legs. go through the drain holes,this way it will not sense the cabinet getting hot or the sun hitting it one of the carrier reps said it was agood spot

Joker

Originally posted by joker dan
    carrier never had alocation stated in their manuals, we have been putting them under the units since all the a/c and heat pumps get put up on legs. go through the drain holes,this way it will not sense the cabinet getting hot or the sun hitting it one of the carrier reps said it was agood spot
    Sorry Joker, but haven't you heard Nextel and Sprint have merged to form Sextel.