With an Infinity system can I use EWC, Aprilaire, Trolatemp, etc zone dampers and control board if I want to zone off at a later date?

What would be the tradeoffs of not using a Carrier zone board and dampers with Infinity?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    No, as as far as I know,as the Infinity uses digital signals for low voltage control.

The Infinity zoning is far superior,no bypass needed or allowed,very "smart" control.

I took out Comfort Zone,installed Infinity zoning.

1.8% decrease in kw's used.

2.On startup,82°,in the house,5 zones,Infinity managed air flow so that all zones cycled at the same time.

3.From late July till the end of summer,only 4 calls for high speed.

Dash,

Are you using the 5 ton unit and how big is your place and what si your window and insulation details? Only 4 calls for hi speed sounds impressive for FL. When I looked at homes in the Tampa area last year, the developments were using Carrier units but amazingly they were only 10 SEER! Is electric there cheap or is salt a problem (these homes were at least 10 miles from the coast.)

The air guy that is doing the install still wants to put a bypass in with the Infinity if we do the zoned setup which contradicts your statement??

As dash said, yank 'em and use the Infinity user interface with the proper controls, I've done several with the regular sensors, but I just finished one home with all smart sensors, that was one cool setup! 3000+ square feet one 4 ton system, 4 zones, 2 levels very cool system!

Maximum # Zones

How many zones can one do with the Infinity? I was under the impression 4 max with the zone board.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Large house two systems, a 5 ton of this section,and too be fair about 30% is in set back most all the time.Lots of east and west glass but they are on different zones(sun only shines in on one or the other),smallest zone is an 8" damper,infinity handles it well.Thing is I had a "quote"good zoning system before,and this is a lot better.
    The Infinity,will say in low speeed,if it can handle it,comfort zone II went to high after X minutes,I think that's the big difference.

Can't use a bypass,as Ifinity is making air flow ,by zone,decisions ,based on static(I think) per zone.They dfinately say,NO bypass.Plus you won't need it we have done 2 to 8 zones,no problems.

One "main " control panel,2 to 4 ,2 panels 5 to 8 zones.

Salt's not the problem in that area,we acually do some in NW Tampa,just builders wanting to make every dime they can,and a lot of "first time" buyers,that want a Jaccuzzi Tub ,more the low power bills.

Around 7.5 cents per kw .