Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by pjs
    brings back memories of my father saying

"it'll only take 15 minutes"

Now I catch myself saying {it'll only take 15 minutes}.

My guys are probably thinking the same thing I thought 30 years ago "ahhhhhh **** screwed again"

While I'm saying it and I hear my dad's voice. Does this happen to anyone else
    To me, all that matters is being on the right system and finding the real problem, not a suplemental issue.
    How long it takes is not the greatest issue. Rather it is fixing what is really broken so it wont do it again.
    Many aproach the problem like they only want to find the easiest broken link, and only fix that one part. Leaving the rest of the system in various stages of disrepair.

Fifteen minutes .... I dont mind how long a partner or boss tells me it wil take. Just as long as they can apreciate a job done right, the first time.

I hear voices too.......................
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    possibly .... it is your "twin" speaking to you ......

Originally posted by R12rules

Fifteen minutes .... I dont mind how long a partner or boss tells me it wil take. Just as long as they can apreciate a job done right, the first time.
    That's exactly how I approach jobs, and I think that's how my boss looks at them...however long it takes, do it right the first time.

I think it goes one step beyond creating income from jobs ...which includes customer satisfaction and efficiency from the work. If it does take a little longer to do a job, that's better than having to go back over and over again to fix the problems. It's a waste of time, money and it doesn't look good through the customer's eyes.

I always ask the boss, techs and other installers to tell me if they have to go back to any of my jobs. This way, I can correct any mistakes and prevent them in the future.
    Get back to work.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by square2round
    Originally posted by R12rules

That's exactly how I approach jobs, and I think that's how my boss looks at them...however long it takes, do it right the first time.

I think it goes one step beyond creating income from jobs ...which includes customer satisfaction and efficiency from the work. If it does take a little longer to do a job, that's better than having to go back over and over again to fix the problems. It's a waste of time, money and it doesn't look good through the customer's eyes.

I always ask the boss, techs and other installers to tell me if they have to go back to any of my jobs. This way, I can correct any mistakes and prevent them in the future.
    we stsrted a new program your boss may want to try.

We copy all the original calls and recall invoices,hand them out every two weeks and ask the guys to look at their recalls ,and note what they could have done to prevent it.

No pressure ,no meeting wuth the service mgr.,etc..I just realized that the only one that can reduce them ,is the one that needs to look at them.

Recalls are down ,so we think it's working.

Originally posted by dash

we stsrted a new program your boss may want to try.

We copy all the original calls and recall invoices,hand them out every two weeks and ask the guys to look at their recalls ,and note what they could have done to prevent it.

No pressure ,no meeting wuth the service mgr.,etc..I just realized that the only one that can reduce them ,is the one that needs to look at them.

Recalls are down ,so we think it's working.
    Sounds good. I'll have to bring this up with him. I believe our recalls are down too from a year ago. My boss has done some weeding out, and it looks like it's helped so far. He's been saying that he would rather do "this amount a year" with "this number of guys" compared to what we have had in the past. I guess it's less headache when trying to keep up with more when it isn't worth it.
    Get back to work.

Do you have time for one more? All you need to do is light the pilot! This will only take 15 minutes! Word's the knowing recognize!

Originally posted by Diceman
    yeh we know but we weren't talking about goats

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Around here in Hackville there's no such thing as a 15 minute call unless your name is Stevie Wonder. If you can't find too many problems, you need to have your eyes tested

If I use tunnel vision to get outta there quicker, I have to look through a 2" tunnel.

Just finding out why an HSI keeps burning out can turn into an adventure around here.

It went like this "do me a favor stop here on your way home, it'll only take you 15 minutes"

the "do me a favor" just tipped you off to the next saying [b]"it'll only take you 15 minutes" at that point you knew you were screwed.I usually got home about 2 to 3 hours later, stink'en and tired, and pissed thinking yeh just 15 minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12