Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841
    Carbon Monoxide in Pool Puts 50 in Hospital

    ROYAL OAK, Mich. — More than 50 people were taken to a hospital Saturday after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected at a high school pool during swimming lessons, police said.

    The 55 children and adults were transported to Beaumont Hospital


    Just shows you how bad Carbon Monoxide is.



    [Edited by framehvac on 03-05-2005 at 08:08 PM]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North Las Vegas
    Posts
    786
    Also shows somebody may not have been monitering their Furnace or doing the require PMs
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,579


    Does anyone have a link to the news item?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841
    Originally posted by NormChris


    Does anyone have a link to the news item?


    http://www.foxnews.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841
    Gale said testing by the fire department determined high levels of carbon monoxide inside the pool area. He said it was believed to have been caused by a malfunctioning furnace.


    Big law suit coming.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,579


    Thanks for the link frame. I am giving a speech before a group of home inspectors in two weeks and needed some fresh co news examples.

    Norm

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,841

  9. #9
    Here's one for ya, Norm.

    I was in Columbus, Oh this morning doing a seminar for Home Inspectors, turns out at about the same time there was a family being poisoned a couple miles down the road:
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4256680/detail.html

    Just remind your group that CO poisoning is hands down the number one cause of accidental poisoning in the US, period.

    If you want to collect a number of links to CO poisoning, go to Google and do a Google Alert - they will send you links to articles on CO poisoning. Even I am amazed at the number of links I get.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    7,415
    Scary stuff. I'm not looking forward to being killed, but I'd at least like to see what's killing me.

    Just for the heck of it, you should set up some examples of CO tests. Maybe check thier equipment (hopefully no leaks, but ya never know). Or maybe figure out a way to rig a candle up in a somewhat large box (non flamable box mind you), then you could show some "real time" CO readings.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,579


    Thanks Rudy.


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    496
    Most Schools/Hotels ETC. have thier units serviced by the Janitors err Maintence guys and they ONLY call for service as a last resort or installation,to keep cost down..
    If I know I'm going Crazy,I must not be Insane

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event