Carbon Monoxide in Pool Puts 50 in Hospital

ROYAL OAK, Mich. — More than 50 people were taken to a hospital Saturday after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected at a high school pool during swimming lessons, police said.

The 55 children and adults were transported to Beaumont Hospital

Just shows you how bad Carbon Monoxide is.

[Edited by framehvac on 03-05-2005 at 08:08 PM]

Also shows somebody may not have been monitering their Furnace or doing the require PMs
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Does anyone have a link to the news item?

Originally posted by NormChris

Does anyone have a link to the news item?

http://www.foxnews.com/

Gale said testing by the fire department determined high levels of carbon monoxide inside the pool area. He said it was believed to have been caused by a malfunctioning furnace.

Big law suit coming.

Thanks for the link frame. I am giving a speech before a group of home inspectors in two weeks and needed some fresh co news examples.

Norm

Here's one for ya, Norm.

I was in Columbus, Oh this morning doing a seminar for Home Inspectors, turns out at about the same time there was a family being poisoned a couple miles down the road:
    http://www.nbc4i.com/news/4256680/detail.html

Just remind your group that CO poisoning is hands down the number one cause of accidental poisoning in the US, period.

If you want to collect a number of links to CO poisoning, go to Google and do a Google Alert - they will send you links to articles on CO poisoning. Even I am amazed at the number of links I get.....

Scary stuff. I'm not looking forward to being killed, but I'd at least like to see what's killing me.

Just for the heck of it, you should set up some examples of CO tests. Maybe check thier equipment (hopefully no leaks, but ya never know). Or maybe figure out a way to rig a candle up in a somewhat large box (non flamable box mind you), then you could show some "real time" CO readings.

Thanks Rudy.

Most Schools/Hotels ETC. have thier units serviced by the Janitors err Maintence guys and they ONLY call for service as a last resort or installation,to keep cost down..
    If I know I'm going Crazy,I must not be Insane