Thread: Universal Blower Motors

Post Likes
    Its nice to be able to have several motors on your truck to be able to fix almost any no heat call, but i have found that probably 50% of the time when i install one it makes moe noise than i would like. i do all i can to make sure it will be quiet ( measuring belly band to make sure its centered, make sure wheel spins straight, amp out motor), but sometimes there is still that "noise" that maybe the cust wont notice but i know isnt right. right now we use dayton motors. mainly 1/3,1/2,3/4 hp 1075 rpm. has anyone else had this problem with these motors or does anyone recommend one that they have had better success with.

Post Likes
    We stopped using Daytons for that reason and the fact that the local supplier quit stocking the most popular motors.

We haven't had that many problems out of GE and Emerson.

[Edited by bb on 03-05-2005 at 02:14 PM]

Post Likes
    Our company likes the Emerson multi- horsepower, these have ballbearings instead of sleeve bearings.

Post Likes
    Has any one else had complaints about the ramping up and down of the D.C. variable speed motors?? Its a low groaning noise that happens at start up and when the blower begins slowing down after power off??

Post Likes
    The best I can tell you is to stick with the motor that that particular brand sells for that model. Other than that its a crap shoot as far as I'm concerned. Good first post.

Post Likes
    Sweet, we haven't had any customer coomplaints, but the noise is annoying to me. I'm waiting for a cust, to complain.

Post Likes
    beenthere, Heil claims its the Emerson motors and are changing manufacturers sometime in the future.

Post Likes
    York use ge's, and they just say thats the way the motors are.

I really hate that kind of an answer.

Post Likes

Angry

Installed a new 1/3 hp Wagner motor for a customer a month ago. It got so noisy that I had to go back and install a GE motor a few days later

Post Likes
    thanks for the feedback...i just wanted to make sure i wasn't going crazy. look forward to more correspondance.

Post Likes
    I bought some motors from my Trane parts dealer, they are 1/4 through 3/4 h.p. 1050 rpm 120v. You change the h.p. by using different sized capacitors, have had good luck so far. Sorry i can't remember the brand right now. I'm in my jammies and it's cold out, I'll look in my truck tommorrow.

Post Likes
    have always used GE's, a lot of manufactures use them as OEM.
    Use some of the multi HP on condensors, got them from my Carrier distrbutor.
    Have had great sucess w/ all the above.
    Only prob w/ multi HP on furnaces I have seen is they weigh to much for the smaller furnaces, like 40 or 50 K

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in