Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ductwork

Post Likes
    they do make pvc-coated sheets of iron. it can be run through fab machines like regular galvanized and formed into regular rectangular pipe and fittings. i'm sure it ain't cheap. we used it in some medical building, i don't recall exactly, it was quite a few years ago. i do remember that the finished product seemed to have alot of the coating worn off after running it through the machines. ANYTHING is possible if you have the money.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    I bet that pvc coating on flat sheets does come off easily, especially in the brake...or beading it. I'd like to go and see how they make the pvc coated spiral duct...or even the spiral itself.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    What about using spiral pipe? The cost is reasonable, somewhat cheaper than fab ducts and much better than flex

Post Likes
    the spiral is made off a small coil. my last shop made it.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by andrew boyce
    True.. but in the infinite wisdom of the US government they have decided to rate some types of materials more of a risk when burning or melting than others... this is the reason that the PVC ducts you have in those pictures are most likely designed with low levels of this gas...

I feel that if one attempts to breath anything that is burning you will likely die. so what’s the point. Best thing to do is get out of a burning house or structure as this in it self is likely to result in death.. LOL

:-)

AB

andrew boyce what do you do for a living because some of you information is way off or I am just reading it wrong?

Post Likes

Thanks !

Thanks for answering my question people. I was just curious now I know. God for bid the ductwork catches on fire. I agree if one gets out with out choking from the foams, carpets,plastics ect. in a home. Makes a fire rating on ductwork a mute point if you ask me.

Gordy

Post Likes

Re: Thanks !

Originally posted by gordy
    Thanks for answering my question people. I was just curious now I know. God for bid the ductwork catches on fire. I agree if one gets out with out choking from the foams, carpets,plastics ect. in a home. Makes a fire rating on ductwork a mute point if you ask me.

Gordy

That right gordy.Its the first 5' of duct that they make a fire rating on.

Post Likes
    j

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes

Re: Re: Thanks !

Originally posted by framehvac
    Originally posted by gordy

Gordy

That right gordy.Its the first 5' of duct that they make a fire rating on.
    It's all the duct in our area.

Makes it a mute point?Think of what happens ,with even a very small fire,in the duct and the fan is on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in