Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jury Duty

They said that my name has been drawn by random selection,and you are being considered for jury service in the United States District Court.

Just my luck,so have you been on jury duty before & what do you have to do?

You fill out a form with general information, sit around for ever and then, if you're not selected you go home... Boring. If you are selected, you go in court, hear the case info and then you're selected as a active member, back-up member or sent home. It sucks! Just say that you're a racist and don't believe in the death penalty. That'll get you home quick.
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

Do they pay you?

No, at least not here in CO, but supposely your employer does. I think it was 50$ or something. I never got it or asked for it
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

How long can they keep you,the oj case took for ever.

I got lucky, I was selected as back-up and then released. Yeah time really depends on case, mine was an insurance accident lawsuit projected for 3 days. They really can go for ever. They will give you the option to get out before selection I think. I remember them asking if we were selected would we basically be able to afford the loss

Hey git-r, where in CO are you?

That sounds like the federal grand jury. not state. This will be the feds... uhhh ohhhhhhhh You may hear 1 case you may hear 100, I think they can keep you on the jury there for up to 6 months. Not sure though but here i know someone who was on a fed grand jury for 5 months and heard alot of cases presented by the federal prosecuter.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dlaw70/c1p1.htm

Here is a real good one to read>>>>
    >>>. http://www.udayton.edu/~grandjur/faq/faq3.htm

[Edited by fixit50 on 03-05-2005 at 01:57 AM]

5 months someone will pay my @ss.

dorrmann I'm in Colorado Springs. Moved here 2 years ago from Denver... Aurora actually

I was up for jury duty on a murder trial once. All I had to do to get eliminated was to tell the court that I thought
    that the death penalty was a valid form of punishment and that it should be expanded to cover other crimes.

I was dismissed from duty in short notice.

i have been selected for jury duty at least 3 times in the past 12 months. the first 2 times i just ignored the notice. the third one was a little more threatening. i finally sent a letter back stating that i was injured and couldn't make it. i wouldn't mind doing it but, i'm not losing $265/day...sorry. i think they pay you something like $20/day. if it's downtown Chicago that won't even cover the parking. if i'm going to not work and not get paid for it, i sure as hell ain't spending it in court, i'll go on vacation. what would you do if you got stuck on a 6-7 week trail......with no pay?
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Originally posted by git-r-dun
    dorrmann I'm in Colorado Springs. Moved here 2 years ago from Denver... Aurora actually
    I've lived in the Springs for many years now. I tried Denver once, Lakewood actually, for about a year and a half, and really didn't like the big city atmosphere.

Who do you work for out here? I'm with Climate Technology.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast